My Forum Gripes...

FunnyFlyer

This type of thread inevitably rears its all-too-ugly head on fora all over the web on a regular basis. More's the pity.....

Not everyone has a textbook grasp of the written language. I know a lot of very clever people who find it hard to express themselves adequately in text - they find it intimidating and clumsy.

Having served as a moderator on more than one forum in my time, I can state that the net result of any thread such as this one is to alienate some members and to drive them away as a consequence.

No one member has the right to expect anybody else to conform to their own chosen standards, and anyone who is irritated by another's standard of text only has the right to either get over themselves and ignore errors or to look elsewhere.

tim

Edited By Tim Hooper on 31/07/2012 21:39:43

Advert

Posted by FunnyFlyer on 31/07/2012 12:04:36:
Counted a 97 word single paragraph post with no capital letters, full stops or apostrophes yesterday. Madness!

I agree complete madness!!

Madness that anyone would take the time to count the number of "un-punctuated" words in a paragraph!! devil

Rock on Tim !

Let's get back to the airplanes (whoops).

Anybody know where I can get a 10 metre buddy lead from ? I would like to learn to fly properly, but can't see the takeoffs properly having to stand downwind of the instructor.

Kevin b Continental cuisine appreciation department.

some people just need to get a life

i Reckon know we no what irritate`s him we should do it all the more just to get on his nerve`s if he doesnt like it then he can he choose not to read it or to take his pedantic attitude elsewhere if i want to right without putting commers into a sentence then i shall often when righting some thing on here i think more of what im saying rather then how i right it and other posters who have something interesting to right or show to us i dont mind how they choose to right what they want to say either

Okay, so now I'm being ganged up on. ;-(

I'm not a teacher or a civil servant. I can also put your minds at rest and confirm I do have a life, but thanks for you concern.

Now and again folks, try and hold down the shift key when you type a letter after the dotty thing you ended a sentence with. If you can co-ordinate aileron and elevator in a turn, you can manage this.

No FunnyFlyer, you are not being ganged up on, you have just irritated a lot of people who come to this forum for pleasure in the persuance of their hobby. The forums defining feature is (generaly) model aircraft and does not have rules on education, religion, colour, or anything else except bad language.

Edited By Alan Randall on 31/07/2012 22:26:26

that about sums it up, nice try FF, no hard feelings, and thanks for trying, if its any consolation for you, when i started on forums, my english was abhorrant, i try to watch what i am doing, but sometimes, it looks a tad strange, i dare say i am not on my own here, face 1

Edited By Alan Cantwell on 31/07/2012 22:31:16