Ready2fly anyone?

Has anyone had any experience with the Swiss company Ready2fly?

I TRIED to order one of their DH Venom models online on Saturday - the PayPal payment went through OK, but their (Ready2fly's) web-site said that the payment hadn't worked. So I've emailed them but so far no reply. Other things I've read have now set me worrying a bit....

Tim.

Advert

Thanks si, yes, I know there's a dispute procedure via PayPal.

Steve - I didn't know that there was a dealer in the UK. I tried Motors and Rotors but Dave Wilshere told me that they'd stopped selling them.

No answer to my email to Ready2fly today - I'll give them another day or two then chase things up.

Thanks chaps.

Tim.

I have just purchased the Venom direct from Ready2Fly and have potential problem in that their website stated under the delivery info that as they charge 19% VAT there is no further VAT or Customs charges to the customer. This is not strictly true. They thought they had an agreement with their courier for this within the EU but When I Queried why I had been hit with VATfrom customs & Parcel Force handling charge, they checked with the courier and discovered that it did not include the UK.

Initial emails during the purchase took a day or so to reply but when the problem was discovered responses were much quicker. The person I was in contact with, Tino, has made all the right noises in that he asked for details of the charges I had incured and would re-imburse my PayPal account.

I gave this info on Friday and he said this was passed to the finance department for refund but as yet this has not been forthcoming.

A fellow club member also ordered the Kit version after me and although he has not got his yet he has been told the same as me to notify them of any charges.

Tino also said that they are changing the web site so that uk customers will not now be charged VAT. He said they had very little dealings with uk customers direct so had no experience of UK Customs.

Pleased with the quality of the model so far but as yet not flown.

Tino did advise me that Boomarang Jets were retailing them in the UK but this did not come up on a search when I was looking for one. I notice that their price is slightly higher than the direct currency conversion from the Euro price from switzerland but you would face the extra PF handling charge over and above the VAT charged by customs

Alwyn

Just an update on this to say that a satisfactory outcome has been achieved. PayPal have already agreed to refund my payment and Tino from Ready2fly has responded to my emails. Not sure what went wrong, but I've now re-ordered from Boomerang.

Now all I've got to do is save up for 6s LiPos.....

Tim.

Hi folks

Just an update to my post above. A full refund of the VAT charge & Parcel Force handling charge was posted to my PayPal account today by Ready2Fly.

I would like to say that any misgivings I had when the double VAT situation came to light have been swept away by excellent service by this retailer, especially Tino, who dealt with everything for me by email very efficiently. I would not hesitate to use them again in the future.

I'm now just waiting for my battery from HK UK which should be here tomorrow to get this bird in the sky. Oh, and some decent weather.

Alwyn

Edited By Alwyn Gee on 22/08/2012 15:06:17

Hi

I went for the 4500 Turnigy 6s purely based on physical size and weight. Although it flew fine I had quite a bit of up trim in so I thinks it's still a little nose heavy. I've also orderd 2 x 3s 4000mah from the euro warehouse which are a bit lighter so may have to include some weight with them.

I will try some detachable weight on the tail with the bigger 6s pack, maybe a strip of velcro under the tailplane to secure some strip weights. Shouldn't need much as it's quite a long moment.

Alwyn

Hi Tim

It comes with Deans connectors. It is pre-wired for using 2 x 3s packs or a single 6s pack and has a jumper supplied between one of the connectors for when you choose a single 6s pack.

It's very much spaggetti junction in the radio bay though.

Flys well, but I can see the nose wheel doors are likely to be vulnerable on grass strips so I've ordered a spare set whilst they have them in stock.wink

Alwyn

Hi Alwyn,

Sorry for the very slow reply - I missed your post somehow!

I agree that it's very "busy" with cables in the radio bay!

I'm using OptiPower 6s 4300 mAh packs and hopefully the model will have its maiden flight on Saturday.

I too will be flying off a grass strip, so I hope the landing gear is fairly tough!

Looking forward to it.

Tim.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem with VAT - Double charged. Initially, I approached HMRC for a refund of UK VAT on the grounds that I had paid Swiss VAT. That didn't work. HMRC confirmed that VAT was due on imports from Switzerland.

Then I emailed Ready2fly for refund of Swiss VAT. They agreed to refund to my bank account (should have used PayPal!!). I had to chase again when no refund appeared. Then they told me that the refund was paid 17th September 2012. Nothing in bank account yet!

Having spoken to my bank, I emailed R2F 1/10/12 to ask for the name and address of their bank and the date and reference of the transfer. No reply. I emailed them again 17/10/12, still no reply.

I am still painting my Venom so I haven't flown it yet but I have been very pleased with the model. I had a minor problem with the nosewheel front door but a bit of fettling with a Dremel soon sorted it out.

However, I am becoming increasingly concerned about Ready2Fly as a supplier to do business with. If anybody else is thinking of buying this kit, I recommend that you look for a UK supplier.

I believe since the problems experienced by myself and a fellow clubmate they have stopped charging VAT on deliveries to UK and now leave it up to UK customs to charge. It does mean though that you will also fall foul of the Parcel Force handling fee. Both of us were fully refunded by R2F, mine was via PayPal, not sure how my clubmate paid. I've since had a set of front nose wheel doors sent to me by ordinary post . Much cheaper than the standard parcel post which would not have been worth while for such small cost items.
Email contact has been very good and helpful. I've had first class service from them.

Alwyn