Heli orientation

Rusty C

Hey lads. I have been learning to fly heli's in my recent model flying quest. And have been getting on pretty good.

I have only been hovering but i am up to nose in, also side's are not a problem, But......... I seem to have bother with a nose in which is at a 45 ie not square at me if that makes any sense.

I can nose in for ages on my little mini zoom, But when it gets round a bit I seem to panic a touch. obviously I could just rudder round, But I feel maybe I should learn this orientation?

Rusty

Advert

Sim Sim Sim - that's what I found worked for me.

If you can manage circuits flying out of trouble should be simple enough.

I'm lucky, where I work I can Sim all day long if I want (almost)

I have been "learning" for 12 years and its only in the last year or so it all clicked into place. When I got Phoenix and the time to practise.

P

Have been on the sim alot last night and tonight, And I think I am over doing it and getting worked up, Might lay off a couple nights.

I think its going to be one of those "click" moments when it all seems so easy so what was the big deal!

Rusty

Hi fellas, I came from helis into planes although I can only 'sport' fly, flips, rolls, circuits and 8's etc and was quite comfy on the sticks, no 3D for me. decided to get into planes cause' helis were just too intense concentration and no relaxing and taking your eye off the thing. I personally feel there is too much pressure on learning the hover orientations, especially nose-in. What I did was to progress into lazy 8'S, gradually making them bigger and more 8 ish and actually flying the nose-in until all felt natural. A heli will fly very much like fixed wing apart from rudder response, which, in a heli is far more responsive.....G