What have you got planed?

Dean

Re-comission a trainer my late father built some 15 years ago and never flew.

Finish the Bell Hop (converted to IC) from 'that other mag' free plan.

Start (and finish) the Phase 6 the 'Boss' bought me last Christmas.

Play with paraglider type kite (see other thread) to see if a model is on the cards.

But the biggest job is pull down our derelict garage and rebuild as a garden room with attached hangar/workshop so I dont make as much balsa dust indoors. And, believe it or not I have the full backing of the 'Boss'. I'm a lucky man. She's a star.

Ian

Advert

Posted by Dylan Reynolds on 07/09/2012 17:29:16:

Finish my Precedent Stampe 1/4, pass my A (weather permitting), start and finish the sligsby T31M, help the missus finish her plane, refurb the CAP232, get my new engines run in, have a brew and some grub, then after tonight i have no idea!

You have just had me looking at the Precedent stampe kits! from the photos you have in another thread it looks huge, I think I have to start saving for one of these, looks great!

Dean

88" i think it is, i started it 2 years ago lol and cant remember with digging the box lid out /oops

Its been tough going as next to none of the die-stamping was much more than a shodow on the wood lol and lots of parts had to be remade to the plan, which again was not all that great quality wise, but i bet slec have probably got this sorted now, i saw them at the NAts but never got to see inside the box lol

going on an acivity day for the lads stag do tomoz, 9 mile quad bike tour, archery, clay pidgeon shooting, and 4 coarse lunch, sunday, going examining some A test candidates at Woodford, all stop at 3pm, awaiting a low pass off the flying tin trangle, EX558, then a photo shoot with the familes of the owners of the airfield, with the 21foot vulcan, against the resident vulcan, XM603, should be an interesting weekend,

Working on a 59" Tornado, lots of design as you go work here,

64" tucano on the other bench.

80" tucano arf waiting in the wings, and i have just lifted the lid for a peek at the newly arrived DB Sports Vampire. woo hoo!

Have almost kitted the 90" hurricane so dont want that to wait too long either.

AND did i mention....I am plugging for a TN whirlwind teeth 2

Graham

Two projects come to mind. First, I got a TT e-Hawk1500 motor glider recently and apart from looking at the kit contents and reading the manual I'm yet to make a start. One thing I want to do is squeeze 2 servos in for the ailerons so that I can program differential and spoilerons. Oddly, the manual suggest this but doesn't say how to fit another servo. The other thing to do is to make an aileron wing for my twice size Frog Raven. I built the model from a plan early this year and it flies well exept for dragging its tail in turns. I moved the CG about and varied the rudder throw up to the maximum that I can but it still does it. I like the Raven and an aileron wing with reduced dihedral might make a big difference, it has a simple 36" straight taper wing so it should be easy enough to make another. I still have the plan. Apart from these things, general repairs and fettling to other planes and getting ready for indoor flying.

I forgot to say that I bought the e-Hawk1500 mainly because of David Ashby's review in the mag back in January. A favourable and detailed review which I read very carefully before parting with my hard-earned. Pity I couldn't get a plane in the rather nice purple like the review model, I could only get one in green. I was after a Radian Pro originally but ringing round shops showed that they are virtuually unobtainable until late autumn, I remembered a review of the e-Hawk in the mag some time ago so I dug out D.A's review and got one from my LMS.