changing throttle idle settings on the clearview sim

Myron Beaumont

Tried everything ! Or should I say 'er indoors has .Doesn't seem to be able to reduce the throttle setting at idle to below what I would guess at about 5000 rpm .In other words,the aeroplane won't stay static when idling .angry 2

Sick and tired of virtual anything -Just thought I'd brush up on what I've done in real life but it doesn't work like that these days dose it ? Apart from three year olds that can press the right buttons that is .AAAAgh!!

I can fly the Extras and similar ,but no way can I fly a trainer

Advert

Pete

I'm using a Logtec Attack controller.It has a joystick for elevator,aileron ,rudder and a up/down thingy for throttle on the base a bit like mode two .I do have a reality flght type Tx but the aileron function packed up .Not worth mending (or is it?)

Just thought I'd brush up on basic flying after a long absence thbis morning .Now I have more problems !

Any practice is better than none but it's much better to train your fingers using a proper Tx as the controller. If you can fix the Reality Tx, that will be helpful. If you can't, can you use a trainer-type lead to attach your (Futaba?) Tx to the computer?

If Clearview is anything like Phoenix, you should be able to go into an 'Edit Model' menu which allows you to adjust the physics of the individual model, which may mean you can adjust engine speed, C of G, expo, etc.

Of course, the best practice of all would be to stop prevaricating, get the Easyglider charged up and get out into that field - today!!!!.........wink 2

Pete

• 9 months later...

Hi Myron,

What you need to do is calibrate your controller.

Basically the program needs to know the exact positions of the sticks.

It's under tools > calibrate > then you have to centre the sticks > then you move the sticks in each direction > then click accept and your idle should be spot on yes

Any more hassles PM me and I can try help on the phone perhaps.

I had trouble getting one transmitter from some other simulator to work, not sure which one coz I gave the while package away. I use my DX8, just set it up as a model.

It would be great to get a Netplay going but I just don't know how.