RC Power 601 AD

Just purchased the RC Power 601BC from BRC hobbies. The BC version is the same spec as the AD and looks exactly the same but in addition Balance Charges Lipo cells whilst charging. The BC version is a much more sophisticated charger than the AD version and even better, the price from BRC hobbies is the same as the AD at £69.99.

Advert

Thanks for that one Michael, i was just thinking about buying one.

Had a look at the BRC site and they are out of stock so good news obviously does travel fast, i'm 100% Lipo and it's exactly what i've been looking for.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I got one with lipo balancer in june at my clubs airshow with all the bad weather we have had in UK this summer i have not had much use out of it and yet the insulation on the power in cables has split this is my only problem with the charger and think some sort of flex relief should of been used as the splits are next to casing...

now i'm looking at a warrenty claim and hope it has a quick turn around as good weather is a rear thing and i only have the one field charger.

I also bought a 601 bc from ebay, it was someone in Australia selling it but the thing came from hong kong. I then won an " en r g lipro charger" with the top letter in RCME I think it was August edition, and it was almost identical. The main difference being that the 601 bc has a rather noisy cooling fan which keeps the thing cool when discharging batteries. Unfortunately it also tries to keep the thing cool as soon as you plug it in and the fan noise gets a bit much after a while. The chargers themselves are fantastic but the instructions on the one from HK seem to be written with English words that have been put together in random order. When I won the second one the instructions were far more comprehendible and also released information that was kept hidden with the first set of instructions. Being lipos I didnt dare risk just guessing or by trial and error as with lipos you only get one chance. If I was in a position were I was buying one for the first time I would buy the 601bc from "therevolutionshop" on ebay (because the adaptor is free with it) and get someone to email me the instructions from the uk version.    Al

• 3 months later...

I've just bought one of these chargers from Vapextech for £69.99 (which included the 240v power supply!!).  The only thing that is perplexing me is the temperature sensor.  The manual bangs on about the temperature sensing abilities and their benefits but there is no probe included with the unit, nor does there seem to be any way of attaching one.

Any ideas?

I think that the temp sensor is only able to be attached to the AD version because it does not have the same software programming to stop the batteries being overcharged.

After having attempted to read the manual I can only assume that the Hong Kong translator just took extracts from other very similar chargers did his best write them in English but didn't actually check to see if what he had written was actually true for that particular charger.

• 5 weeks later...

I bought one over a year ago from Als hobbies and am pleased with it but am disapointed that the recording of the charge graph and the temperature sensor is not documented, that is partly why I bought it , Does any one know how to work it or were can I get instructions .

I hoped the test would give more details, I feel that if the unit was easy to use without instructions, it should also have been obvious, how the rest should work, although I found it necessary to use the instructions, for even the basic functions.

Peter   

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Peter

The charger is a chinese copy of the Bantam range of chargers. If yo go to the Bantam web site you can download the instruction manual for the software. link :-http://www.bantamtek.com/Manual/estation%20manual-english.pdf.

Also just browse the instruction manuals for the range of chargers under the support pages and you will be enlightened.

Regards

Mick

• 3 months later...

Well, I managed to find the answer to my my question by downloading the manual to the RC-Power 601 BC here Manual

This manual is different to the one which came with the charger and equally badly translated, but it is clear on the fact that there is no need to connect the Lipo discharge leads to the charger as well as the balance leads when balance charging. 

Beware that although very similar in appearance to the Bantem it is apparently not exactly the same, as Bantem in their manual recommend connection of both sets of leads.

• 3 months later...