Big Foamy Mustang

LYKA

Thinking of buying a electric powered Mustang . Narrow it down to two ,the Max Thrust 62" Mustang and the FMS Mustang ,not sure which one to buy the Max Thrust is bigger but is it better then the FMS one .Any one flown both can gve me advice on what they think I should buy ????

Edited By Chris Wise on 01/10/2012 11:38:17

Advert

Hi Chris - I personally went for the max thrust Mustang. Its a lovely model but unfortunately i have not got around to trying mine yet. However a few of our club members have one and they love them. I could have sworn I have seen them on the uk hobbyking site now - they are a bargain either warehouse.

KR Al

Edited By Alan B on 01/10/2012 12:35:37

Hi Chris i have both,the fms is 1400mm and the other is 1600mm just got them and havent flown yet but will be soon.

The FMS hasnt got flaps fitted and if you put the planes together there is a far size difference,i think the hobby king and max-thrust are the same planes.

There is a big power difference in running up.I had a FMS corsair 1400 and lookied and flew great but snapped in half on a slow loop and was no more afterwards,with the mustangs if you lift the planes via the wings the fms flexes more and the U/C looks like it needs rakeing forward.

Time will tell.

Saw the 1600 w/s HK version this w/e at Hastings, looks great , flies great but it looks prone to nosing over on take off and landing (on grass that is) with care the take off is ok , on landing she might just trip up. I'd have one though if I hadn't just built the TN Spitfire!

Hi Eamonn, just look up the Mustang on Hobby King ,can not believe the price ,is it the same plane as Max Thrust or is it a copy . It looks exactly like the Max Thrust one but the price is amazing and I can not believe it is the same plane at that price

My flying pal Seamus has a Hobby King "Big Beautiful Doll" Mustang and it flies very well and has great presence in the air. As far as I know its the same model as the Max Thrust / Star Max model.

For the money you can't go wrong. Buy your lipos from the German warehouse also and save on shipping.