What are these Planes?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anybody would be able to tell me what these planes are models of? And how much they are worth?

Any help would be much appreciated as i am looking to sell them as they have been sitting in my shed for about 4 years, collecting dust (as you can see from the pictures) :-D

PLANE 1:

http://db.tt/Cs2PRwnQ

http://db.tt/RiO7rt1w

PLANE 2:

Many thanks Chris.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 02/10/2012 19:26:46

fist is an early aerobatic model, either a gangster 52, or 62, the numbers are the wingspan, cant make the engine out, but the model is in very poor state, and if the radio is 35mhz, its practically worthless,

2nd one looks like a vintage style model, but again, is in very pooe condition, engine, which looks very well used, is missing about 25quids wirth of parts, the propdriver, and the prop locknuts and washer, sorry, but the whole thing to me is landfill,

hello chris-the 1st is def a mick reeves gangster....the 2nd could be anything.....and as alan has said -- they are of little value.....the engines may be worth a few £'s.......thats few with a capital F... the air frames...will be handy for bonfire night......

ken anderson ne..1 ....nov 5th dept....

Edited By ken anderson. on 02/10/2012 20:03:58

Hiya Chris, those will shine up nice with a bit of TLC, i would strip all the covering, check the airframe for any repairs needed, either, change to leccy or refurbish the motors you have on them, might i suggest a toothbrush and some surgical spirits to help cleanup those I.C's, i can see ALOT of potental, as for the i.d's of those flyers, 2nd aircraft looks like it " could be " a Ben Buckle, and and 1st, im not too sure TBH, dont land fill'em, it would be a waste, like i said, a little TLC will have em flying again!.

L2L cool

and a customer is found, what would you pay for them then? there is at least 25quid to spend on the fourstroke, and that is before it is ran, the Huge wing crease in the gangster says its needs a new wing, are they worth the hassle, as for value

15 quid for the gsters engine, nothing for the model,

5 for the reciever,

8for the four servos,

15 quid for the 4 stroke in the 2nd model,

nothing for the airframe,

same for the radio gear as the 1st,

SO, that 55quid, at least its a night out

depends on what you call value, they would make a good winter challange to get em flying again, i would change em to leccy if it was me buying them, i dont fly i.c no more, too noisey and too much hassle, as for the engines, i would refurbish them and then sell em on, for what ever i could, as for the radio gear, a clean up and test, get what i could for it, if anything at all, maybe a swap of some sort, as for the airframe, i would get it flying again, as for 55 quid, well, at least it would make an intresting winter challange project..

L2L..smiley

Hi Shaun, after what I have heard here im not sure what to say on the price...

I paid £110 for them several years ago, they do also come with a starter, and a handmade box for spares etc (which also has a fuel pump mounted on the side of it).

I live near Norwich.

Let me know :-D

regards Chris.

Edited By chris lawrence on 03/10/2012 17:18:28

Chris, I'm pretty certain that the 4 stroke engine is an OS FS20. The prop drive hub is OS part No 45708000 it's the same part as fitted to the FS26-S but you may have difficulty locating one. The nut is a 1/4 UNF which you can get at many hardware/tool shops but it's a common size for a lot of engines.

Edited By PatMc on 03/10/2012 22:15:22