New Poll - does winter affect your flying activities?

Advert

We're in that fortunate position. It makes a tremendous difference to winter flying and means there's normally a hard core who will go up whatever the weather. Very often there'll be an improvement during a rainy afternoon and flying will be possible if you're on site and reasonably ready -and there's always the pub at the end of our access lane for a proper thawing session afterwards!

Well I voted I hibenate, however today Mr Bott drug me to the club field at the crack of sparrows whatsit, (10Am). Had to scrape the windscreen (well I would have had to if I didn't have a button in the car that defrosted it for me wink 2 )

Boy was it cold. Flew the leccy Wot4 to see if the fingers would operate in the severe temperatures. Barely was the answer.

I spent the next half an hour taking piccies of Chris's P2000 cavorting about the sky. Good fun. The sunshine eventually thawed my fingers out and I was able to give the 86" Chippy an airing.

Well anyway, apart from the cold it was lovely smooth air, and brilliant sunshine, and good company. Still think I will try and continue to hibernate wink 2

Cheers

Danny (Frozen dept)

That's often the way over here, Wayne. Some of the best flying conditions are to be had in the winter - with the days after a snowfall often being the best of all, with anti-cyclonic blue skies and light (if any) winds. The only problem is keeping the fingers warm enough to take full advantage and these days usually falling on a Monday!