Mr Tom Wright

Gaz Elliott

Advert

Tragic news. A very sad day for us all. As I've said elsewhere: a great modeller and pioneer, but also with a passion for helping others to achieve what he achieved.

Rest in Peace Tom. My prayers will be with his family at this very difficult time. And for Tom? Well I'm sure he's where the winds are always light and the sun always shines - and doing what he did best!

BEB

I have just heard the sad news that Tom Wright passed away yesterday 25th Jan 2016. Tom was one of those rare people who gave freely of his knowledge, had boundless enthusiasm for the world of model Autogyros and was a real gentleman in the true sense of the word.
I am sure that all those that had the pleasure of meeting Tom will miss him and the enthusiasm he brought to the hobby.

A real gentleman has passed from us. I found Tom to be very helpful in assisting me in my efforts to get his autogyro designs to fly, pointing a 'New Zealand colonial' in the correct direction. I nearly had the pleasure of getting to the UK and meeting Tom and having a personal autogyro flying, set up lessons, but unfortunately my trip didn't eventuate. Never again to read the informative, friendly but corrective emails he would personally send me.

Fly on in peace Tom.

David.

(p.s. Tom, still havn't really mastered the skill of autogyros!)

Well, Here we are, after 4 years from my last expression of interest, I know not any more about Tom except his passing.

Maybe the mods could add a Vale or scrolling Vale to the website, maybe linked to a photo or two, or their contribution to modelling in text when you click on the name.

Condolences to all of his friends, mates and families.