WWII Military A/c insignia graphics files

Jon Laughton

Hi - Can anyone point me to a website where I can download (for free?) good resolution pre WWII and WWII military aircraft insignia please? I want to use these files to make my own decals...

Right now I am looking for mid 1930's RAF roundels and lettering/numbers as I will shortly be starting a new project: building a Supermarine Type 224 from the plan available through RCME (to be IC powered).

Thanks!

Advert

Found them! They are in the the vector graphics site noted above, under the link '900 ABZEICHEN'

Sorry, I cannot read German so I do not know what that means. It is a pity, as there is a good article on the site on how to convert raster formats to vector graphics using CorelDraw.

Anyone care to translate? cheeky

pete

Edited By Peter Ward on 02/11/2012 11:36:29

Edited By Peter Ward on 02/11/2012 11:37:35

Just a note, you all probably know this but that RCGroups thread is a wonderful source of data, if the thought of wading through a 55 page thread is daunting, they have a nifty feature on that site where you can show just the images.

At the top of the thread is "thread Tools" select "show attachments in this thread" and you will get a single page of thumbnails wink 2

Sorry if I am teaching to suck eggs...... embarrassed

Cheers

Danny