Phil Winks' Tucano

Phil Winks

Thanks James that was sort of the plan mate plus I just like to be different lol I have to admit to having a little trouble getting a maiden flight sorted prior to greenacres I haven't flown for 4 yrs so need someone with a bit more experience to maiden her but at least when she's sat in the pits at greenacres everyone will know who to blame for her lol

Phil

Just a little bit of a bigging up of a product I'd recomend to anyone in electric flight.

ESC progamming cards. I swear by them as it totally beats trying to decipher the beeps while moving the stick on the Tx

This is the Turnigy one (arrived today) simplicity itself to use and guarentees you have the settings right

turnigy program card.jpg

Simply plug any turnigy programable esc in conect the bty and all the settings are displayed and modifyable according to your requirements and not a lot of bucks either

Phil

Fingers crossed for sunday morning weather and other airfield users permitting (we fly on the local polo fields) Our club chair has offered to maiden the tuc and this should leave my hands free for some low pass photos (oh er missus the nerves are setting in lol)

Phil

MAIDEN DAY

Yep that was the wholly uneventfull maiden take of and according to my chief test pilot the rest held absolutely no suprises a few click of right rudder and 12 mins of flight saw me beaming from ear to ear.
tucano maiden 09-06-13_01.jpg
tucano maiden 09-06-13_35.jpg
tucano maiden 09-06-13_36.jpg
tucano maiden 09-06-13_37.jpg
tucano maiden 09-06-13_38.jpg
tucano maiden 09-06-13_39.jpg
tucano maiden 09-06-13_332.jpg
So all set for greenacres and only 2 weeks to go see you all there guys
Phil

Damned good Idea Chris we just might need to arrange a meeting point or something I know there will be a call put out for us builders for a photo call but that might be leaving things a bit late for proper intros etc If anyone finds my van I'll happily put the kettle on

Just look for this logo on my van if I'm not around it ring me number is on the side

carpentry solutions veh logo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...