Hi-tec controller operation

Bosh

I've got a Hitec eclipse7 transmitter and matching reciever. When I first connected everything it worked perfectly but now I'm trying for the second time in order to get it in my model, nothing happens.

The transmitter was in HELI mode which I've now changed to Glider (2 wing). My glider is only 2 function so there's 5 empty spaces on the reciever. Ther servos get warm to the touch (proves there's power going to them) but don't move at all.

I've found the instruction manual on line but this hasn't helped at all.

Can anyone help me out please. Sorry to be a bit vague with the info, I'm totally new to all this. Also I don't know anyone else that flies models that could help me and joining the local club is not an option sadly (personal reasons)

Thanks

Huw

Advert

Posted by Bosh on 13/12/2012 09:57:20:I've got a Hitec eclipse7 transmitter and matching reciever. When I first connected everything it worked perfectly but now I'm trying for the second time in order to get it in my model, nothing happens.The transmitter was in HELI mode which I've now changed to Glider (2 wing). My glider is only 2 function so there's 5 empty spaces on the reciever. Ther servos get warm to the touch (proves there's power going to them) but don't move at all.I've found the instruction manual on line but this hasn't helped at all.Can anyone help me out please. Sorry to be a bit vague with the info, I'm totally new to all this. Also I don't know anyone else that flies models that could help me and joining the local club is not an option sadly (personal reasons)Thanks Huw

The other thing when using an Eclipse with a mix of receivers, is forgetting to change between PCM & QPCM in setup menu - again servo do not respond to Tx, the following may assist:

Hitec - Receiver Servo Plug & Pin Polarity
Hitec Eclipse 7 & 7 Pro - Manuals, Addenda, Quick Setup, CCPM & All Programming FAQ
with much more relating to the Eclipse available under
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Alan Tong.

Thanks for the replies.

Simon, I was worried about frying the reciever but there's no guide on it to indicate which way the plugs go in. I even had to trim the guide piece off the servo plug to make them fit.

Alan, thanks for the links, i'll have a good read of those laterthumbs up

Posted by Bosh on 14/12/2012 09:55:18:

Thanks for the replies.Simon, I was worried about frying the reciever but there's no guide on it to indicate which way the plugs go in. I even had to trim the guide piece off the servo plug to make them fit.Alan, thanks for the links, i'll have a good read of those laterthumbs up

"I even had to trim the guide piece off the servo plug to make them fit."

That is a major concern. Users should never have to trim the tabs off any modern servo plug to make them fit with correct polarity, S_P_N, into a Hitec receiver. Hitec soft cased Rx are clearly printed as to polarity and Hitec hard cased RX are moulded (polarised) to accept the tabs of Futaba J plugs and the S-01 plugs as used by Hitec, JR & Sanwa (aka Airtronics). This unless you are using extremely old Sanwa servo, which have their leads in an incorrect order S_N_P and do not fit any modern Sanwa receivers. The old black wired Sanwa servo will cause problems by burning themselves out and or the receiver....

1. Please refer to the photos and pdf attached to link in previous post:
Hitec - Receiver Servo Plug & Pin Polarity

2. As not mentioned whether 35MHz or 2.4Ghz, see also the extended:

. Hitec - Receiver & Optima Transceiver - Polarity of Receiver Servo Ports (channels), Plugs and Leads.

Which brand and model of receiver are you using, if PPM make sure it has the correct Hitec crystal single green tipped of dual conversion blue tipped installed, do not use a Futaba or any other brand?
. Crystals - Swapping brands in RC Transmitters and Receivers.

If using Hitec AFHSS 2.4GHz system, then plesae refer to the Eclipse FAQ page
. Hitec Eclipse 7 & 7 Pro - Manuals, Addenda, Quick Setup, CCPM & All Programming FAQ
and theTransceiver (Optima, Spectra & Telemetry sections) under
. Hitec - Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers & Minima Receivers - FAQ & Updates
Alan Tong. (Hitec NZ Rep)

Edited By A.T. on 14/12/2012 11:02:04

"Edit" button has disappeared? Please note amendment to clarify post #7 above re crystals:
Which brand and model of receiver are you using, if Hitec PPM Rx make sure it has the correct Hitec crystal single green tipped of dual conversion blue tipped installed, do not use a Futaba or any other brand? If other brand, ensure it has appropriate same brand crystal installed.
. Crystals - Swapping brands in RC Transmitters and Receivers.
oversight regretted.
Alan T.