Where to buy Autogyro kits?

Dave 8

Hello All,

Does anyone know where in the UK I can get a autogyro kit? Have searched the web but to no avail.

Have helicopter experience and about to start on planes but I really fancy an autogyro as well. No experience of actual modelling as such but am pretty adept at most things so do not mind trying. Thought perhaps a kit would be the way to go. What do you guys think? Any help or suggestions from the vast pool of knowledge out there would be appreciated. Dave.

Advert

Hi Dave and welcme to the forum.

Your question really depends on what type you are after, there is a good range available out there and without doubt the Durafly is the easiest way to get into the air.

The easiest to fly is the twin rotor type as Steve suggests, very much like a 3 channel fixed wing in many aspects. Simple models are also available of this type made from depron, Al Foot has some nice simple models, twirl, mono twirl and quadra twirl too name but a few.

Second easiest to fly is the tractor type just like Wingman and Tom have mentioned, Tom's is very simple and flies superbly as you will see from his video.

There are kits and many plans RAINBOW is one and if you are looking for a full blown fuselage then there is the PT-25 (primary trainer and the Scout available HERE .There are also a few kits available from the East HERE .

Then of course there is the pusher type autogyro, in my eyes this is what an autogyro should look like. They fly just as easy as tractor types but require a little more understanding regarding their set up and are far more manouverable.

There are a few kits available, the LA 500 which is on the link added by Wingman. This does fly well and comes with its own pre rotator but it can't take a knock. Again with a quick search on Ebay there are a few 'clones' of others available as kits.

As for plans there are hundreds, HERE at Aerobalsa you will find many links/bladesand plans available.

Then of course I can get plans printed but it is against the forum rules to link what I can get done.

The world is your autogyro oysterthumbs up, there is plenty t choose frm and if yu need anymore links just ask.

Rich

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Will look into these and seriously consider getting one. I particularly like the twin rotor job that Steve has found. This is my 1st posting and am really glad I joined this forum as I have been looking for a couple of days now and found nothing in the UK. It is good to exchange with people of a like mind.

I may post again if I get stuck when it comes to the build as I have little knowledge of building only previously flown helicopters. I live in Bexleyheath and fly out of Dartford. Although I am confident of being able to muddle through and construct such a kit, if anyone with experience fancies assisting/advising in the build I would be more than happy to accept any help and advice offered.

Once again, thanks for the replies.

Dave

Hi Dave, I was a novice gyronut last year and my advice is to follow Rich Harris's advice to the letter. Also be warned, Gyro flying is a very powerfull drug that is very adictive.unlove

Tim

ps what part of the UK are you in?

Edited By Not Deaf Just thinking on 27/12/2012 10:12:18

Edited By Not Deaf Just thinking on 27/12/2012 10:13:34