PM Petition

Not sure if any of you have seen this petition but if not please have a look and add your signatures to the list. Hopefully this could help us in the future so it's worth a couple of minutes of your time.

Below is the description from the petition;

'We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Make it compulsory for All Local Authorities to make provision for Aero-modelling at County or Local Level.'

Click the link below;
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Aero-modelling/

Advert

Hi.pete, I managed to get on the petition
website by typing the address direct. I got my wife and grandson to do it as well!
While I was on the site I discovered that
there was also a petition to keep the RED ARROWS in the air as well( we all signed that one as well)! If you fancy a laugh take
a look at some of the other petitions( I thought the elephant one was quite good.
Regards,Allan J

Excellent Tom - many Thanks.

To anyone who joins this thread I hope you agree that flyers and balsa bashers are quite happy to organise, train newcomers, support local groups and be responsible members of our communities but would like some effective support from local authorities and recognition that our clubs provide educational, fun, learning community environments for all.

Those heroes who devote themselves to organising shows and the like to promote and enthuse the hobby need constant encoragement and accolades.

I'm sure that all would be happy to work with local authorities to provide or enhance facilities which could be used by our local communities and promote activities safe and well organised facilties. Clubs would no doubt we willing to give time free to do this. BMFA provide excellent support to clubs to help with planning but authorities could solve a lot of problems by finding suitable space or helping clubs with access and strips for all year round use. Do I hear any offers from local authorities?

The main organisations should be pushing for better recognition by all levels of government. Observation over the years in other concerns, points out that pester-power from a LOT of individuals to ALL elected representatives seems to have a greater effect. Lack of, do it, do it now, do it again, is what keeps defeating any hope of gaining sensible protection from attacks on our hobby.

A get together by BMFA, SAA, and other hobby groups who need space and freedom from complaints of noise and developement, when neighbours MOVE IN, would be the best pressure means. Nobody seems interested in helping themselves by DOING.

I certainly agree that we should help ourselves by DOING and this is one attempt. Our club recently had to go through the planning permission saga having had one application refused on somewhat spurious grounds. We moved fields and re applied with the excellent advice of the BMFA and after lots of hard work on the part of the club mainly by one determined member with lots of moral support we succeeded in getting permission. Sunday is our sticking point both with the neighbours and the farmer however. We are trying to overcome this with an electric rule only on Sundays between certain hours. Meantime I fervently believe that life would be much simpler in the area with active Local Authority support and recognition for community facilities. They could make access easier or facilities better so cheaply e.g. through highways or maintenance. They could also help identify suitable alternative sites. There are many ways they could help without much cost to them. So I agree lets get the associations to help if they will. But above all I want to get local authorities to help. That seems to be most effective if centre tells them rather than anything else so far.

• 2 weeks later...