Won't supply to Scotland - Kings Lynn for a start, but who else?

KLM DO in fact deliver to Aberdeen. They do not deliver to some areas some distance to the north and north west of Aberdeen that have a postcode starting with AB (AB 37 38 41 42 43 44 45 51 52 53 54 55 56). They DO deliver to all other AB postocdes (Aberdeen City, west to Ballater, north of Dyce).

If you lived in Aberdeen or close to it then they would deliver to you.

Advert

BEB

If you are going to remove posts because they have broken the rules then kindly replace the text of the offending post with a brief explanation of how the post broke the rules please.

Simply deleting a post or posts without explanation or even any evidence that they ever existed is not Moderation, it's Censorship.

By leaving an explanation why you deleted something allows the poster to understand where they went wrong.

Thanks

Posted by PaulH on 25/01/2013 05:25:01:

Okay,

BEB removes posts without stating why. Kings Lyn Models won't state their position publically. Stinks to high heaven and wild tigers wouldn't be enough to persuade me to deal with them. Just look for a decent supplier.

Paul.

BEB can remove this as well, with my blessing. However what happened was that one of the posters was trying to make trouble, and I guess I was unwise to rise to it. BEB wiped out the stirring posts and my responses, none of which really contributed to the original discussion.

Kings Lynn do state their position, shame it's only after you get to the checkout stage. And yes, I found a decent supplier and got my Nano CPX a day or so after ordering. The only stinky thing about the Kings Lynn saga was all the people clamouring to support KL's policy as sensible or in some way inevitable.

The two posts were removed and the authors noitified via a PM as to why, which is our normal practice. Incidently neither post made any mention of any trader and in fact concerned personal data from one of the posters and a rather rude and unnecessary response by the other. As such they had no bearing as such on the matter under discussion.

The decision to remove posts is never taken lightly and is never for any reason other than a breech of either the T&C's or the CoC - the text of both of which is located below below the posting box on every thread page. Regular contributors to this forum would know that to be the case.

Can I point out that I resent the implication from PaulH that it is otherwise, and that I don't need instruction in how to moderate the forum from Biggles33. You two gentlemen would be well advised to perhaps get a little more experience of this forum before either jumping to conculsions or presuming to tell me how to do my job!

Now I would have normally communicated with you gentlemen on these matters via the more discrete means of a PM, thus saving you the indignity of a public correction - but as you seem to demand public disclosure - so be it. Perhaps you can see now why we try to be a little more sensitive and use the PM system for such matters?

Now, that matter is dealt with, can we please return to the topic.

BEB

Posted by Tony Smith 7 on 25/01/2013 08:39:44:
Posted by PaulH on 25/01/2013 05:25:01:

Okay,

BEB removes posts without stating why. Kings Lyn Models won't state their position publically. Stinks to high heaven and wild tigers wouldn't be enough to persuade me to deal with them. Just look for a decent supplier.

Paul.

BEB can remove this as well, with my blessing. However what happened was that one of the posters was trying to make trouble, and I guess I was unwise to rise to it. BEB wiped out the stirring posts and my responses, none of which really contributed to the original discussion.

Kings Lynn do state their position, shame it's only after you get to the checkout stage. And yes, I found a decent supplier and got my Nano CPX a day or so after ordering. The only stinky thing about the Kings Lynn saga was all the people clamouring to support KL's policy as sensible or in some way inevitable.

Thanks for that support Tony which states the situation fairly.

BEB

Posted by Biggles33 on 25/01/2013 07:34:11:

BEB

If you are going to remove posts because they have broken the rules then kindly replace the text of the offending post with a brief explanation of how the post broke the rules please.

Simply deleting a post or posts without explanation or even any evidence that they ever existed is not Moderation, it's Censorship.

By leaving an explanation why you deleted something allows the poster to understand where they went wrong.

Thanks

As we've said many times in the past, our policy has never been to publicly deal with folks who can't control themselves or can't be bothered to read the forum rules. We take them to one side (via PM) and do these things in private. That's the best way.

Anyway, I think we'll lock this thread now, it has run its course.