Classic Aerobatic Model Photo Thread

Martyn K

Advert

Salve Giuseppe,

Your model 'Morris' looks very similar to a Magic? i wonder if Hanno used this design as a blueprint.

After months of searching I came across a Fiberglass Capricorn fuzz, i picked it up from this years British Nationals bring & buy for a princely sum of £5...... I couldn't believe it and would have happily paid more but being a true Yorkshire man i managed to barter the seller down from the asking price.

Capricorn is now has pride of place my workshop awaiting to be resurrected. We will eventually use the fuselage as a template to make a wooden plug so we can take a mold in the near future.

Sam

Edited By Sam Wragg on 27/12/2014 09:44:53

Can't say nothing about Hanno and Morris, I know for sure that he saw Morris at Gorizia in 1973 as both were there.

I'm attaching a picture of my model during construction, almost a plan view.

Here is designer Graziano Pagni with his son at 1973 World Championship in Gorizia.Graziano happens to be a good friend of mine since 1968 when he came to Cremona for 1969 WC team trials.

I will await news on that Capricorn fuse.

By the way, I read on a USA forum that Mick Reeves once kitted the Capricorn International, can someone contact him asking information ?

Posted by David H on 29/12/2014 12:20:06:

Giuseppe

I've just remembered I built 2 Capricorns and I took them to the Doylestown RCWC in 1971. I have a collection of old plans and I must have had one, because in those days we had to build our own models....!smiley

I'll have a hunt in my loft and let you know.

D

I think you are one of those guys in the Skyleader ad over there , ain't you ?wink

I'm very glad for your help.

Thank you.

Posted by David H on 29/12/2014 18:44:33:

Giuseppe

I've had a look, but I'm sorry to say, there's no Capricorn plan (not even a scrap).

Best of luck in your search Giuseppe, keep trying, there will be a plan somewhere .

David

ps yes it is me on the Skyleader ad. Doesn't time fly !

Oh, well

I'll give up.

I have a lot of vintage models I would like to rebuild.

I have original mould for the Mach 1 fuse from Aviomodelli and some very light obeche-foam tailplane and balsa sheet fin and rudder I rescued from being scratched.

No wings ..........

I should maiden my Morris the new year eve, if snow let me take off from our grass runway.

Thank a lot for your time.

Edited By Giuseppe Ghisleri on 29/12/2014 19:37:32

Edited By Giuseppe Ghisleri on 29/12/2014 19:38:30

Posted by Sam Wragg on 29/12/2014 20:11:44:

Looks like a super tigre blue head in the green & yellow model? My intention is to use my blue head in Capricorn when time allows.

Giuseppe if it helps I will trace around the fuse of Capricorn and post it to you

Sam

One more path.smiley

I'll need a top view of the entire model and wing section too, of course.

Blue Head is the engine mounted in the Morris in my avatar

This is a page from 1973 Aviomodelli catalog .

Posted by Peter Android on 30/12/2014 19:49:16:

Indeed, what may be eminently " useful" Giuseppe , is the inclusion of little more common - courtesy in your replies ?

Quite a few people have gone well out of their way to try and assist you in your quest , especially Mr Wragg.

You also appear to be answering most of your own questions .

Good Manners cost nothing. in anyone's language.

Comprendo ?

There are a lot of thanking in all my posts.

Maybe my english is not as good as should be, I had no intention to offend or to diminish your help.

I followed immediately your path.

Sorry and a lot of thanks.

Anyway..........don't try to speak italian and take it easy.

Ciao

Understood Mr. G . no offence taken & certainly no apologies needed. period. , and thank you.smiley

Nobody ever accused Me of speaking English , never mind Italian.

I find it strange that any Model Designer / Manufacturer still in existence , should not at least retain one copy of the original design / plan .

This popped up on flea - pit recently , never seen one before , but expert I am not

I hope you find a Capricorn or Plan , since you have certainly sparked an interest .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RACKETEER-RC-Model-Aircraft-/281544519867?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item418d5c70bb

Edited By Peter Android on 30/12/2014 21:53:37

"Pretty awful flying" Martin ! But for the era the film captures, an Orbit 12 radio system was the dogs bits !

If you were a normal mortal you'd probably have 10 channels, ie throttle, elevator, elevator trim, rudder and aileron. Classy fliers had gear with 12 channels which allowed the addition of aileron trim.

Not forgetting that most tx's only allowed dual-simultaneous operation. (not a real problem as you could only operate (say) elevator with rudder or aileron, only having one pair of hands ! )

The multi-channel flying I did was only 10-channel with a homebuilt Mini-ten homebuilt tranny and super-regen receiver. It was possible to fly under reasonable control, having learnt the art of "pulsing" the controls......

This was in the days when proportional gear was just creeping into the hobby... At the time, we all said that proportional gear would never catch on !!

Ah well, we were wrong. But at least we had learned the fine art of trimming a model before computer tx's came along !