Hitec Aurora 9X

A.T.

Advert

It looks like it - I can't see any evidence of the cable (but then people often drop things like cables in promotional shots). Oh, there is a web site for the SLT stuff: **LINK**

From the same link, it seems that the Aurora 9 can be upgraded to SLT using their module (as can many other radios).

Edited By Antiquated on 31/01/2013 09:33:36

Posted by Antiquated on 31/01/2013 09:30:57:

It looks like it - I can't see any evidence of the cable (but then people often drop things like cables in promotional shots). Oh, there is a web site for the SLT stuff: **LINK**

From the same link, it seems that the Aurora 9 can be upgraded to SLT using their module (as can many other radios).

Edited By Antiquated on 31/01/2013 09:33:36

Reading from the photo it looks like Hitec have built the SLT transmission protocols into the 9x so you can select it in the software, make a lot of sense for them in the US market as this now makes the 9x out of the box capable of flying any of the SLT BnF models. Not sure if that system has been imported into the UK, but wouldn't be surprised to see them now that they are supported by the 9x.

Wonder if any other manufacturers are going to follow this lead and build in SLT capability (without needing another plug in module)

The other big thing, apart from the higher resolution is the addition of 7 point curves to most of the mixs.

I managed to find an enlargement of the comparison table so have transcribed it below and in the following post, but can anyone explain what is the benefit of SLT? Looking at the link above it gives as the benefits that the receiver responds only to the linked Tx, and that you can have any number of Rx's linked to your Tx. But I thought this was the big thing of 2.4GHz anyway?

Features
AURORA 9X AURORA 9
Modulation AFHSS, SLT (Single/Bi-directional AFHSS/PPM/PCM
Resolution 4096 1024
2 Position Switch 1(Long type return), 3(Selectable) 6(Selectable)
3 Position Switch 4(selectable) 2(Selectable)
Condition Monitor Flight Condition & Function Flight Condition
Flight Condition 8(Switch & Control Stick) 8(Switch only)
flight Condition Copy Yes No
Programmable Mix 8(7-Point Mix) 8
Hardward Reverse by Software Yes No
Aux Counter Yes No
Aux Channel Rename Yes No
Automatic Switch Assignment Yes No
Basic Functions
Exponentional Yes(Max 24 Rates, Dual) Yes(Max 24 Rates)
Serve Monitor Yes(Travel & Limit) Yes(Travel)
Airplane Functions
Throttle Curve Yes(7 Point moveable), Delay, 24 Rates Yes(7-point, Max 24 Rates)
Aileron to Rudder Mix Yes(7 Point) Yes
Elevator to Camber Mix Yes(7 Point)Max 8 Rates, Adjustable Yes/Max 8 Rates, Adjustable)
Rudder to Aileron Mix Yes(7 Point)Max 8 Rates, Adjustable Yes/Max 8 Rates, Adjustable)
Knife Mix Yes No
Aileron to Flap Mix Yes(7 Point) Yes
Flap Control Yes(7 Point) Yes
Flap Trim Yes No
Spoiler Control Yes(Max 8 Rates, Start/Return Delay) Yes(Max 8 Rates, Start Delay)
Spoiler to Elevator Mix Yes(7 Point) Yes
Camber Mix Yes(7 Point) Yes

Rest of the comparison table ...

Glider Functions
Motor Control Yes (Throttle Stick control) Yes/Speed/Delay by Toggle SW)
Spoiler Control Yes(Max 8 Rates, Start/Return Delay) Yes(Max 8 Rates, Start Delay)
Aileron to Rudder Mix Yes(7 Point) Yes(Max 8 Rates)
Rudder to Aileron Mix Yes(7 Point) Yes(Max 8 Rates)
Aileron to Flap Mix Yes(7 Point) Yes(Max 8 Rates)
Elevator to Camber Mix Yes(7 Point) Yes(Max 8 Rates, Adjustable)
Flap Control Yes(7 Point) Yes
Butterfly Mix (Crow Mix) Yes(Max 8 Rates, Start/Return Delay) Yes(Max 8 Rates, Start Delay)
Spoiler to Elevator Mix Yes(7 Point) Yes
Camber Mix Yes(7 Point) Yes(Max 8 Rates, Start Delay)
Offset Yes(New Offset Function) Yes/Camber Mix adjust Function)
Helicopter Functions
Swash Ring Yes No
Revolution Mix Yes(7 Point), Max 24 Rates Yes(3 Point, Max 24 Rates)
Pitch Curve Yes(7 Point moveable), Max 24 Rates Yes(3 Point, Max 24 Rates)
Throttle Curve Yes(7 Point moveable), Max 24 Rates Yes(3 Point, Max 24 Rates)
Hardware Vibration Mode No
SLT compatible No

Posted by Antiquated on 31/01/2013 11:28:06:

But I wonder if adding SLT will also mean that people might start buying the small SLT receivers that are available from that link, rather than Hitec ones?

I couldn't see any UK distributors listed, although there was one in New Zealand.

The AnyLink system in the UK is market under the Great Planes brand from Ripmax.

Where are the Ashby's annoucements about this? They missed a good trick in being one of the first to get pictures of the new transmitter!! I did let them know in the Multiplex thread that I'm sure they read...

Si.

Simon thanks I hadn't seen this in the UK so far, in the US you can't pick up a mag without a big advert for the TXR system and models and just about every model shop i've been in has them. Slightly ironic that Hitec (Perkins distribution) has brought out a compatible Tx for another distributors (Ripmax) models when the radio system they promote doesn't support this.

I've got an Aurora 9, so has my son. I'm really pleased with everything it can do and the prices of the receivers.

Now, I'm only a standard club flier working towards a B test but I can't see any real differance between the new and old set. Am I missing something? I don't know but it seems to me to be a real steal to snap up one of the outgoing 9's for £200 because the 9x does not seem, to me, to be much different.

What am I missing?

Posted by Bucksboy on 01/02/2013 08:30:16:

I've got an Aurora 9, so has my son. I'm really pleased with everything it can do and the prices of the receivers.

Now, I'm only a standard club flier working towards a B test but I can't see any real differance between the new and old set. Am I missing something? I don't know but it seems to me to be a real steal to snap up one of the outgoing 9's for £200 because the 9x does not seem, to me, to be much different.

What am I missing?

The word from the US Hitec Sales Manager is that the A9X is not replacing the A9, its an addition.

Now, no doubt that the A9 will eventually be discontinued - but I suppose if they can sell a lot of them at this lower price and still make a decent margin, they will.

£200 for the A9 is a steal. There is really nothing that can match it in that price bracket.

Si.

Ah, that explains it a bit more clearly. My LMS cant buy the current one for £200 and was surprised when I told him about the bargain price.

I'll stick with the plain old 9 then, its more than capable for me. I bet its not around that long though.

thanks for the replies.

Posted by Bucksboy on 01/02/2013 18:16:39:

Ah, that explains it a bit more clearly. My LMS cant buy the current one for £200 and was surprised when I told him about the bargain price.

I'll stick with the plain old 9 then, its more than capable for me. I bet its not around that long though.

thanks for the replies.

I don't know. The Hitec Optic 6 and Hitec Optic 6 Sport are still going! That's really getting on now...

Hitec seem to like to eek out their products to the bitter end...

I can't remember the exact date, but I'm pretty sure the original Hitec Eclipse 7 was released around the time of the millennium. It was only replaced last year ....with a facelifted and software upgraded version!

Si.

• 2 weeks later...

Further to the previous two posts, Hitec will still produce the old favourites for quite some time. As indicated by the latest catalogue, many modellers still only require 5<6 channels, especially the car, truck, tank & boating fraternity

Aurora 9X - Tower ETA mid May 2013.
Hitec Aurora 9X Maxima 6 RX/TX NiMh Batt/Charger$460
Hitec Aurora 9 TX/Maxima 9 RX/TX NiMh Batt/Charger $490

Hitec Product Catalogue 2013 currently available is in two parts due to max ,pdf file sizes permitted when transferred,
displays the Aurora 9X , looks like the Tower dates will be met:.

. Hitec Product Catalog 2013 #1 5.44 mb - pages 1 < 27 Transmitters, Telemetry Chargers and some servos.

. Hitec Product Catalog 2013 #2 8.27 mb - pages 28< 43 Servos and accessories.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

• 7 months later...