Just starting to use petrol engines

Adrian Smith 1

Advert

I had read the same Wayne that small petrol engines were not reliable, however I have seen evidence to the contrary and also told that was true many years ago.

I'm intending getting an Evo 10cc in the next few days and I'm already running 2 Mintor 38cc engines which have been very nice so far.

My Mintor engine video

One is still on the test bench as seen in the video and the other I fitted into an airframe today.

Thanks Woody I think I will have a few questions as the time goes by. I have acquired a MVVS 50 IRS gasser but the instructions that go the ICU L ignition unit are unintelligable given it is translated by somebody whose English is very poor. It says it has twopreprogrammed preignition curves for "short" & "long" exhaust stroke. I don't know what that means or whether to take that literally with it meaning the types of silencer, but I can't see how to, or when to select the appropriate curve!!

Hi Adrian

those mvvs engines are good from what I've seen.

I would imagine that thoes ignition curves would be for different power outputs depending on the type of model you are flying and prop size required.

Short being smaller props and faster revving and long being larger props.

Puffin models sell mvvs perhaps give them a call. But I suspect you will hardly notice the difference between the two settings.

I have a 3w55i this does not have any settings it's just plug and play.

Cheers woody.