The Feisler F103 - better known as the V-1

0For cooling ESC's pop into the local computer repair shop and ask if they have any old finned heat sinks, they usually have plenty of the things laying around, cut the shrink wrap away from over the heat sink plate and put a good dab of white heat sink paste onto it then a lump of the computer heat sink. Strap it down with a cable tie and your done.

Advert

Terence

It actually had a finned hatsink (I use them on all my bigger models) but it still over heated. I am probably running the ESC right up to its limit and I also suspect I had put the fins on the wrong (non Mosfet) side.

The next mod is to use a 40A ESC with the original heatsinks replaced by finned ones mounted directly on the components.

• 1 month later...

With the rather better weather I though I had better get the V-1 down from the wall only to find that one cell of its 1800mAh 3s had failed showing virtually no volts. Did eventually get it up to 3.7 but it held no significant charge and it was back down again after a couple of hours.

Then I discovered the battery itself was an odd shape that is no longer available so the battery compartment had to modified to accept a narrower but thicker battery.

An edited video of the first flight with the new battery shape but as the CofG was unchanged I did not expect any problems.

For a lightweight it actually handles a bit of wind quite well.

Edited By Simon Chaddock on 08/06/2013 00:46:40

• 2 years later...

Lorenz

It is a quirk of the two languages. In the case of English, the phonetic spelling puts the "e" first. In German it is the "ie" that gives the same sound. Of course in the case of "ei" the logic is reversed, as in the case of "Ei" for Egg, which we know (in the UK) as "i".

There are numerous issues such as this such as Audi, the English saw a different sound to the Germans, with the Au sound.