power 90 & hobbywing 100amp hv esc

Hi. Please help.

I am new to this site, I have made a few requests for help but so far had no replies so I hope someone will reply to this one.

I have installed a E-flite power 90 motor in a Wot 4 XL along with a hobbywing 100amp HV esc.

I was wondering if anyone has a similar set up, and if so what timing setting was used on the esc. I bought the esc from Giant Shark and on their web page it says that the high setting must be used for some high power motors or the esc will burn out.

The problem is they don't give any indication as to what is considered to be a high power motor.

Some of you guys must have used esc in your models so I would appreciate any help you can offer.

I will be running the motor on 8 cell but cant give any readings as I have not run the motor fearful that I might damage the esc.

Steve.

Advert

Nigel I have just compared the information on your link to the information given on other sites selling the e-flite power 90.

On your link it shows this motor having 12 poles, others show it as having 14 poles. I wonder which is right. I will have to look inside the motor to double check this.

I was thinking that there could be different Kv ratings when I found the original link and looked again just now. I only see 325.

My link was to the manufacturer's manual. Their site also says 14 poles.

What does it say on the one that you have there ? Or check your motor.