What threadPower company a flying field

Peter, I'm sure there was a posting just as you describe, though I can't find it either - after admittedly a fairly brief search...

If you're using the forum search then that's a bit limiting as it only (unless it's changed recently!) searches on thread titles, and not on thread contents. Instead try google.com but include "site:www.modelflying.co.uk" (without the quotes) in your search so it just returns hits from this site rather than the whole of the web.

So for instance you could search for "Power company flying field site:www.modelflying.co.uk" though I can't see any 'hits' with that particular combination of words - but perhaps you can think of some other search words to try.

Hi Peter, I was at a model show a few years ago in Somerset (Yatton) where the club owned their own patch. At the time there was much concern regarding overhead power cables being routed near the runway. Cannot tell you much more regarding the story. Cheers. Wodspring Wings ?  just a shot in the dark.

Edited By fly boy3 on 01/04/2013 20:28:27

I think there was an article in a magazine. the problem was caused by a new wind turbine. I am pretty sure it was in RCMW in 2009-2010

If it the same one the compay built them a new car park allowing them to fly from a different direction so to avoid the turbine

Posted by Peter Miller on 02/04/2013 08:44:05:

Thanks for that. Now I think about it, it must have been the article that I read.

I must try and find what club it was..

Peter....Try HDMAC in Huddersfield. This happened to them a couple of years ago. The pits and area of flight had to be reversed requiring a car park to be made (an expensive undertaking!!). Eon made a substantial contribution but club funds still needed to be added to cover the entire cost.

Andrew

P.s I believe a similar situation arose in the north east. Sorry can't remember which that club was.