elevon mix

JC

Hi folks

I,m new to Spektrum and I,m having trouble with my flying wing set up. I have turned on the elevon function and conected the servos to the aileron and elevator channels on the rx but the aileron stick movement moves the servos in elevator mode and the elevaor stick movement moves the servos in aileron mode. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong.

Cheers JC

Advert

Its just a matter of finding the correct mixture of servo into sockets, and travel reversing - some experimentation is required usually!

This of course assumes you have one aileron servo in the aileron channel, and one in the elevator channel, AND you have selected the correct wing mix in the Tx root menu.

It's not difficult to solve.

You will need to experiment with reversing the Aileron and/or Elevator channels and maybe swapping the servo leads over, but you will ALWAYS get there in the end. From your description it sounds like just one of the channels needs to be reversed.

You may find that you are unhappy with the overall movement when you have elevon mixing enabled. This is actually a feature of Spektrum gear which is designed to prevent you overdriving the servos, but it can make it difficult to get sufficient movements. However, it be worked around if needed.

If you need more movement, use the two mixes available to you. Set one of the mixes to copy some of the aileron movement into the aileron channel. The actual percentage of the mix you select will affect the overall movement. Then set the other mix to copy Elevator into elevator. Both should be set to act permanently [in otherwords not selected by one of the switches.]

As I said, hold in there becasue you will get there in the end!

Edited By GrahamC on 13/04/2013 19:16:53

I had this problem, the result is laughably simple, just reverse the channel that is behaving wrongly.

i.e pull in up elevator, the servo that moves down needs reversing. Obvious but somehow not intuitive.

It appears that channel reverse is the last thing applied before the data is transmitted.

Shaunie.

Its a common mistake to think that when mixing elevator & ailerons, that the aileron signal is in opposition (one cw, one anti-cw) and the elevator is in unison (both cw or both anti-cw).

This isnt the case with a normally mounted symetrical servo layout, such as you'd have in SAS foamies etc - the aileron signal is the same direction to both servos, just like an aileron Y lead on a conventional model. The elevator signal sends each servo in the opposite rotation.

This is one of those times when the blindingly obvious is actually wrong and can lead you well up the garden path!

Cheers

Phil