traditional build but not vintage

john melia 1

You can buy fibreglass cowls to fit the 4 star range. Fibreglass specialities make them. I have a CAP 232 style one for a 4Star40, it changes the planes look significantly for the better. You can also rotate and trim the canopy for a lower profile look. You can just make out my old one in the middle of the photo below, its silver with RAF markings.

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

very nice cymaz i like it , but i need to put my .60 in something , the 46 is in the trainer , then its going in the wildcard 3d , might be a while until i get to flying the 3d with the crappy weather , can't get enough practise in , but i'd like to be building something in the meantime .

i'm thinking something that looks good , and stable in flight , i've looked at the astro hog , and the four star 60 , but if i could maybe find something a bit more asthetically pleasing to the eye , would take the irvine .60 , and be stable , i'd consider myself satisfied for the rest of this year anyway smile

thanks mike , but i'm looking for a low winger , i think i might be getting a bit too fussy here , but i can't seem to find one that actually appeals to my eye , and will take the irvine .60 , and be reasonably stable surprise

the four star 60 , might of been ok , but i don't like the open nose , i know there is a thread somewhere with a four star geting a nose job , but i though there would have been lots of low wingers out there , in traditional build style , that may have suited my needs , but i can't really find any .

Aiming to high ???

there's always a Tornado, veneered foam wings but lots of wood to carve in the fuselage and they do fly nicely. Surpringly stable as in it doesn't deviate from where you point it but I don't think that's what you really mean.

I've got a H9 Harvard which is 68" span and is 60 2 stroke size and pretty easy to fly so I reckon that Tony Nijhuis Harvard might fit the bill for a kit version, albeit as a plan pack it won't come in a box with pretty graphics.

Thanks Cymaz thats a nice looking model thumbs up, and the other link you provided is good too , but its sourcing the models as the site is based in Canada .

Thanks Bob , i like the tornado as well yes , and the harvard is very nice , but i've got no experience of building from a plan pack , and how to source decent grade woods for spars ect , thats why i was thinking along the lines of a kit .

Don,t think i'm ever going to choose anything at this rate haha , still no rush i suppose , i'm too busy enjoying this beautiful northeast summer weather we are getting sad

if i was to buy this **LINK** as a lazer cut woodpack , how would i know what other woods to buy , would traplet recommend or supply the additional material , or would i have to measure up off the plan and source it elsewhere .

I'm not too sure on how the model would fly , but i like its appearance , any help in moving me forward (or not as the case maybe) with this would be greatly appreciated .

I can take all good constructive criticism so don't hold back , maybe i'm trying to take too much on ?? i just don't know. I have built a super 60 , an Eider which was a low wing french kit , and a flair puppateer , but this was 26yr ago .

Maybe i need to start simpler ??

think i've made up my mind , i'm going to go for the JODEL D120 , supplied by DB SPORT AND SCALE , as a full kit for £130 , the only other thing i'm lacking at the moment is any info on how it flies

So if theres anyone out there who could shed some light on the jodel's flight characteristics i'd be much obliged

Hmm just thinking Cymaz ................................................... french , hope its not high maintenence like my m8s french model was hehe , just need some flight data input , i've been on youtube and it seems to fly very well ,

and theres a guy at Eddystone Model Flying Club who has the exact db model kit , with video and pics , and again it seems very stable , of course its not me flying it so god only knows ,

hmmm .... not to sure now