choice of models

Advert

Well it depends - will she be flying on a buddy lead, has she flown before at all?

If "no" - I'd go for the Discovery.

If "yes" I'd consider the Riot or the Wot4 (which are basically the same and to me at least seem to fly the same) - but neither of these are really suitable for complete beginners in my view.

BEB

See what your nearest club offers in the way of trail session flights and training/ buddy lead options. Go a couple of times and see if you like it and want to join.

If you don't like it there then find the next nearest. I would suggest you do that before parting with any money

I started my 13 yr old son on a Multiplex EasyStar, it was first class. He was flying slightly erratic circuits inside an hour. We managed without a buddy lead but from your list I'd go with the Discovery. Try and get a buddy lead system though, its a lot easier.

• 2 months later...

after buying a supercub...which is great but its 3 channels and its not up to weight for the A licence im after something heavier and with airilons.

ive just found the ST online and i like it.

can i just but an ARTF and throw my Rx (from the supercub) and fly off ? it seems like i can.

I bought the Calmato TR EP 1400 (click on the name and it will take you to the page) from Sussex Model Centre a couple of years ago having been out of the hooby for well over twenty years and wanted to find a way back in, but this time going electric. It's a four channel hi-wing trainer and having found my wings again I still fly it for fun, it handles well, very stable and very responsive. Comes with 1100kV 400w brushless motor, steerable nosewheel and all covered. All you need to purchase is the battery and radio gear. There is some assembly involved but easily achieved over a wet weekend.

Edited By Steve Cornell on 11/07/2013 21:00:11