LMA Cosford 2013

The only music played was the CD's provided by the teams themselves by their request, commentary is a very hard job if you think you can do better please feel free to offer your services, the yabba-dabba-do rubbish as you describe it was the German team, so maybe you should take it up with them. Why oh why do people always think they are experts when it comes to show commentators, it really does grind on me. These are all volunteers, it is not their profession, if you haven’t got any constructive criticism of how it could be better then please don’t comment, as it serves no purpose other than to get peoples backs up, I stop using RCM Forum for that very reason.

Advert

Only constructive critasism. My brother came to Cosford -his first show and said why the music doesn't fit the flying slot. I didn't notice it, but when mentioned it, it was so embaressing trying to explain to my very sceptical brother (reason why he never attended a show before) why it is.

No major problem,I do go one day every year, but not a LMA Member or wish to fly with them, or large models as it's beyond my enthusiasm and commitment. The flying was good and looked around the museum and the Dornier remains exhibit.

I`m only pulling your legs, wasnt a real gripe, i kept the food and had the bbq yesterday night instead, completly understand the reason for not allowing them and agreed with it to be honest

I found the commentary very good over all, not that repetative, quite informative, often funny. The music may not be exact music from ww2 but adds some caracter to a display anyway, The Bishops play music from pirates of the carribean etc but nobody moans its nothing to do with the reds or hawks etc, We should just be gratefull that these people bring out their valuable models ( even coming from other countries ) to entertain us

I beg to differ on that one Paul, unless I am getting my wires crossed here, there was too much damage to that plane to have been repaired so quickly it will have to go though the inspection scheme again before that fly's again if at all it ever does fly again, there was a lot of damage done to it.

Edited By LMA Dave on 23/07/2013 13:51:57

The C-130 suffered some damage a few years aho, but if I remember, was minimal, but still needed repairing. Think it was a fuselage break. I don't it would fly again, due to amount of damage/paperwork required.

Probably why I don't want to fly larger models, if damaged is too much paperwork for me, even though is justified.

Well I had a brilliant day, was a fantastic event with plenty to see on the flight line, the trade stands and in the air with some amazing formation flying. A big thank you to the LMA and Alan for letting me in on the flight line to take pictures, to the Dawn Patrol chaps especially Chris and Ian and to Ron the Wellington Bomber Pilot who kept us entertained with his stories and tales from during the war- could have listened to him for hours! Oh and to the BMFA for my free pen (one careful owner my...it's stopped working! smile p)

Finally got to see Helena, the Handley Page H.P.42 fly having only seen her static, and oh wow, what a beautiful aircraft and so graceful in the air (and Ian she WILL fit in the back of my car, if I remove the seats and steering column- so when can I have her? teeth 2)

Took a zillion and one (no exaggerating honest teeth 2) pictures so wont load them all up, a selection are on my flcker account if anyone wants to see them and wants pictures of their aircraft.

Cheers chaps, look forward to next years event!

**LINK**