Glue For EPO Foam

Greg Watkiss

Advert

On EPO such as Multiplex's Elapor and that used on the Durafly Vampire, i've used regular CA, with no issues. Strong Bond and no foam melting. This only works on EPO. In the past, i've also used UHU Por with great success, following the instructions using as a contact adhesive and its just as good as CA.

Any normal cyano, Greg, don't use 'foam-safe' - it does not work well on EPO. Save the 'foam-safe' for EPS, or polystyrene.

Plenty of modelling brands out there such as Zap but most commercial cyano works fine. Even 'pound shop' cyano....it would seem!smile

You can get it in various viscosities. The thicker it is, the slower it tends to bond. If you go for thin cayano, it goes really fast - you need to have the pieces joined then allow capillary action to take the thin cyano into the joint.

Medium and thin cyano should cover most applications.

As Reno says, UHU-POR is a good contact adhesive, toothumbs up

Pete

• 6 months later...
Posted by rory mc cann on 14/11/2013 21:04:17:

just received the hobbyking radjet,,,,,,,and was wondering what glue would be best suited for this build???

If it's the larger Radjet 800 then medium viscosity cyano will do the trick nicely. My preferred adhesive for all EPO type foams is Multiplex's Zacki. It might be dearer than most others, but it is very good stuff.

If it's the smaller Radjet 420, then foam safe cyano or UHU Por is your only option.