Black Horse Orbit anyone?

Advert

hello steve,

i have had the orbit for just over a year now and, despite the weather curtailing a lot of flying i have found this a very nice flying air plane. the only problem i have had was with a very hard dead stick landing, when the under carraige almost pulled out. since beefing up this area everything has been good. i am flying with a sc52 fs. sounds really nice.

Posted by Percy Verance on 23/05/2013 19:16:55:

I'm given to understand the Orbit is a close copy of the Hangar 9 Toledo Special. It certainly has striking similarities. It's about half the price too.....

It may have been inspired by the Toledo Special but I would not call it a 'close copy' there are considerable differences. I'd say the Toledo Special is far sleeker & more attractive and is a better aerobat, but taste is of course quite subjective.

I've flown an Orbit at the R/C Hotel a few times (there's a thought Steve - get yourself out there for a test flight!) & have a Toledo Special myself. The Orbit is a nice flying machine, a good sport flyer with aerobatic capabilities & if you like the looks I'd recommend it. However if I was to write off my 4 year old Toledo Special tomorrow I'd replace it with another one.