Ripmax Bullet

Advert

Yes I have built one of these. I would go over the whole airframe with cayno as it is held together with camel spit. The under carriage is rather thin and bends very easily if landing is a bit heavy. The decals need a peice of tape on the ends to stop them lifting off during flght. Be careful when inserting the wire for the elivators as it is easy to push it through the serface and there dont seem to be enough balsa either side, so I glued 2 peices of ply either side of the wire for re-enforcement. To mount the cowl, I glued on some blocks onto the fire wall, as the screws were a bit close to the edge of the cowel. Check to see if the spinner is in the kit, mine was'nt, but did get one eventually.

After going over the above, the plane is a joy to fly. I have an Irvine 53 in mine and balanced it up in the centre of the 2 C of G positions.

I does tend to come in a bit fast and glides really well. I have had about 12 10 minute flights and it still puts a big grin on my face. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!! smiley

• 2 weeks later...

Ive fitted a 52 two stroke no problem and it has adjustable engine mounts so think it would.I also added 100 grams to the front so the weight should be ok.Ive finished the Bullet but it was to windy to fly today.I used a seagull link for the front steerable wheel as I couldnt get the Ripmax one tight on the shaft.I removed the rear part of the underside plastic finisher on the wing as I didnt like the bolts the way they they had them going through it.I changed most clevises because the supplied one were to big.I enjoyed the build and like the look of the model.Looking forward to the maiden

[URL=http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/Stephenshaopingtang1944/media/004-33_zpsb8b91af7.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb379/Stephenshaopingtang1944/004-33_zpsb8b91af7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited By Stephen Grigg on 09/06/2013 14:20:52

photo doesnt come up

Edited By Stephen Grigg on 09/06/2013 14:21:33

• 2 weeks later...

Maidened my Bullet yesterday and its fantastic.I need to get used to a trike u/c for take off.Have diffuclty steering with my left thumb on take off and it likes room to take off but its stunning to fly.fast,smooth and very responsive,goes where you want it to instantly.Very impressed and its a beauty to land.