EDF first timer

Kevo

Hi All..

I need some EDF fliers to point me in the right direction for my first intro to electric ducted fan flying ie model,motor,esc,batterys etc I am not a novice flyer, but i have only ever flown ic, that said i would be grateful for any and all input to guide me into what i hope will be a rewarding step into another part of our fantastic hobby

Regards and thanks for any replies.......Kev.

Advert

My first was the Alfa Models F86 Sabre, with the 4max recommended set up, been going for over 3 years now and still one of my favourites, the other I have is a Stinger 64 from Hobby King, again really easy and fun to fly, cheap as chips as Its ARF so all you need is a 2200 mAh 3s battery and RX and your good to go, will take upgrades too as you get to grips with it

A-10 with twin 55mm fans running on 1800mha 11.1 LIPOs. Rock solid in the air. Flies like a trainer and has been my workhorse for 4 years. Dispite having other more capable/faster jets, I always fly the A-10 at some point when Im out flying.

Wow...thanks guys

The (workhorse) theme appeals as I would like to think I could leave it in the car for those (got to have a fly) times. But all comments and models will be looked at.....and your reply have given me a reassurance that although a ( know nothing) at the moment, any problems I may have along the way I can always (PHONE A FRIEND).......

Thanks again guys..........keep the info coming..........Kev.

Can i suggest the Dynam Meteor. It is the same size as the Habu,some say a clone,but half the price. I have had the habu and now have the Meteor. In my,limited,experience,the Meteor flys as good if not better than the Habu,it flys on 4s and 5s on the stock set up. On 4s it is very similar to the Habu but put a 5s in it,and it is very quick. I have dopplered it at 105mph but it still is very easy to fly.I have had around 30 flights using 5s and the stock system is coping very well.