RC Bird of Prey & Red Kite

Advert

Brilliant, are you sure it wasn't trying to mate? It is the season after all. Saw a red kite at our site in mid Derbyshire for the first time this weekend. Got a low fly pass from the BBMF Lanc and C47 too. It was our annual barbeque day and really topped it off. Superb. What more could you wish for......

Thanks Steve - really great to see. I get the occasional interest of Buzzards and now and again a Kite out here and it always gives me a thrill to be interacting with one of these magnificent flying machines!

I found it fascinating to see how much the Red Kite had to streamline itself to stay with your bird - have you thought about converting it to swing wing???

Terry

Glad you all liked the film. The plane wasn't mine but belonged to that great master of the EPP Glider designer, builder and racer, Ron Broughton, who was in Wales at the weekend visiting relatives and taking part in the F3F comp on The Bwlch.

I think many of us slope soarers have seen other birds of prey take an interest in our planes, and I have had many buzzards but also been seriously harassed by a pair of Perigrin Falcons whilst flying off Rame Head in Cornwall. To say that was spectacular is an understatement.

This is part of the reason why I enjoy sloping so much. Its totally fab!

Steve

A470Soaring.blogspot.com