LiPoly safety box

ICE-MAN

Advert

If all your lipos are stored together, for instance in an old ammo box, and one goes on fire what do you think would happen to all the others in the box!! Quite a sight I would think... Handled correctly, as has been stressed so many times, these batteries should present no problem. OK, store them outside of the main house if you like, keep a space between them, belt and braces but I think that we're becoming a bit paranoid. Have many forumites had a fire? If so please post all the details.

Posted by Alan Randall on 22/06/2013 13:43:44:

This was haow I found my Lipos one morning.

The batteries were charged and put away the day before.

img_0255.jpg

img_0253.jpg

img_0254.jpg

Alan - can you be absolutely CERTAIN 100% that the packs had not been incorrectly charged, or perhaps physically damaged/ impacted etc in some way?

Posted by Ausferret on 23/06/2013 00:46:16:

The method I use to contain the LiPos when charging is inside a Pyrex oven dish with lid. Relatively cheap, fire/high temperature proof and they remain visible whilst charging.

I store mine in a couple of these, bought at Aldi or Lidl for not very much. Also use one when charging indoors.

Edited By PatMc on 23/06/2013 12:55:41

• 2 weeks later...