Scale WWI wire wheels

Scottrik

I am preparing to set off on the build of a 1/4 scale Proctor Nieuport 28. In process of gathering the various bits I already know I'll need which leads us to the wheels. Proctor themselves used to have 6-1/2" diameter (165mm) wheels for this kit but have discontinued them. They pointed me toward Herbie Wheels in Germany but their site only seems partially functional. I can access their home page, pictures and price list but the order form and (perhaps most importantly) the "contact" pages do not function.

Anyone know if Herbie is (are?) still making wheels?

Any alternative providers anyone can recommend?

Many thanks!

Scott

Edited By Scottrik on 29/07/2013 23:53:54

Advert

Thanks very much Greybeard, unfortunately the listing states "does not post to the United States" which leaves me out (not that you knew that!).

Anyone having any dealing with Willie's Wheels feedback would be appreciated here or off-line.

Many thanks,

Scott

Posted by Scottrik on 31/07/2013 02:48:28:

Thanks very much Greybeard, unfortunately the listing states "does not post to the United States" which leaves me out (not that you knew that!).

Anyone having any dealing with Willie's Wheels feedback would be appreciated here or off-line.

Many thanks,

Scott

Given you locationit may be worth your while to ask the question on **LINK**

Posted by Greybeard on 31/07/2013 09:26:09:

Given you locationit may be worth your while to ask the question on **LINK**

Given Willie's location (Germany) I figured it more likely to find someone here who'd had dealings. Plus since I read RCM&E monthly I know Graeham, Pete, et al enjoy building larger scale WWI planes. I'll post to RC Scale as well (not a bad idea), but am interested in hearing reports on quality and dealing with Willie's Wheels.

Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...