Hi everyone!

Jackster22

Hello everyone
My name is Jack and I am 19 from AmberVally (Derbyshire) in the UK.
I am a college student studding IT and amateur photographer.
Though my true passion is filming wildlife in natural habitats for documentaries and wildlife programs on channels like Discovery.
Anyway.
I have been into RC stuff since I was 5 and have owned a few cars and planes over the years. Though the last 10 I have not owned anything and IDK why not :P
So I am getting back into the hobby with aircraft.
I want to build FliteTest's Versa Wing (pusher) http://flitetest.com/articles/ft-versa-wing-build for some fun.
But I also want to make a 6 or 8 rotor camera carrying copter.
I would love to get into aerial filming, but I am going to wait till I get a lot of practice before strapping my DSLR onto it :P
So I am putting together a list of things I need to get going, transmitters, receivers, motors etc etc off HobbyKing and would love some help with that soon as I am new to the build side of RC, only ever owned RC cars and planes that came prebuilt.
So hope to get to know some of you. Defiantly like to know if there are any meets around us so I can fly with others, no one I know is into planes, only cars :/
But anyway thanks for reading!
Jack,

Advert

Hi Jack

I am a fellow neewbee and I'm in the middle of getting my stuff together. Like you i have been around the hobby for many years and now taking things a little more seriously.

Just wanted to let you know that I have just brought a shiny new transmitter, was poking around the net for ages and with some help from all the great people on here decided on a Futaba 6J 2.4Ghz, its very user friendly and from a company that I trust, comes with an R2006GS receiver (I didn't go for the servo pack option). 10 model memory and all the functions that I need for the forseable future. I think its a good unit, reasonable price and, at the moment, current technology!

Thats my little recommendation, others will give you their opinions I'm sure.

All the best and good luck

Steve

Thanks for the info guys!

It has been such nice weather over the last few weeks I think I am going to try and catch some of it so will have to put together an order from HK and eBay so I can do some soon.

Off eBay I will get some foam board to make one of these: http://flitetest.com/articles/ft-versa-wing-build

And off HK I think ill need this lot:

OrangeRx T-SIX 2.4GHz DSM2 6CH Programmable Transmitter

OrangeRX RX3S 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer

2x Turnigy 4000mAh 3S 30C Lipo Pack

Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 6A Balancer/Charger

Turnigy AE-30A Brushless ESC

2x Turnigy TG9e 9g / 1.5kg / 0.10sec Eco Micro Servo

Control Horns 16x20mm (10pcs)

Not sure on what motor to get. Would like one compatiable with having them props with the rubber bands to take them off.

So yer just props and motor I need hep with, otherwise I am open to sugestions with what I have picked.

Posted by Steve Goodwin on 22/08/2013 20:07:15:

Jack,

I think you could do with a higher capacity charger. With the way battery technology is going you will quickly max out that chargers capacity. I would look for something rated around 80W.

So the Hobbyking ECO SIX 80W 6A 2~6S Battery Balance Charger would be a better one to get for future proofing?