AGM 30CC GAS ENGINE

john melia 1

Advert

Copies of DLE engines and made in China, been out in the USA for a while, I can't find any bad reviews only positive ones, I have one and it was on ebay, new, 99p start price, won it for only £72 !! and more of the same going like hot cakes, £64 being the lowest winning price I've seen so far, you can even lease these engines in the states, (30cc/60 twin/65 single). There is now a UK importer/seller, www.agm-engine.co.uk

Have bench run mine a couple of times and seems great with Rexel ignition module and Walbro carb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

AGM MADE MAINLY With DLE INTERNALS and I am led to believe possibly with poorer fits in crankcase machining. i.e. Undersize bearing housings not allowing bearings to seat on their spacer thereby causing tightness when prop tightened onto shaft. Maybe a one off or they maybe DLE reject parts. At least the warranty / guarantee seems good. On that point I think I would be prepared to try one. Yer pays yer money etc..

• 1 year later...

The instructions also appear to show the choke as the throttle and vice versa!! The AGM 30 is my first experience with a spark ignition gas engine. I'm about to set up the throttle servo and guessing it will be wise to remove the spring from the throttle lever on the carburettor to prevent strain on the servo? Any advice welcome.

My AGM 30, my first petrol engine, has been excellent. I used a servo to operate the choke and mixed it with the throttle so that when you switch the choke on the throttle opened sufficiently to allow the choke lever to operate without let or hindrance from the throttle. Also, as I have a 3 position switch, I can get half choke and full choke. Useful when starting a not quite cold engine. Set half choke, apply starter, and when the engine is running, switch out the choke.

The engine is in a Sbach 342 from HK and tips the scales at 5.2 Kg. The AGM endows it with unlimited vertical performance.

I also have a canister silencer that is a snug fit in the Sbach fuselage tunnel. I've not checked the sound level but when it's flying it doesn't sound as noisy as some of the 50 glows.