RPGs - Double build

Steve Jones 2

• 5 months later...
Advert

• 5 months later...

Hello Rich,

I'm on to my second RPG. V1 was not a great success! (Pilot error I suspect). Having binned the leftovers that would have put a 1000 piece jigsaw to shame, I have bought from Traplet the V2 plan and Kit and would appreciate some help.

My query is as follows:-

1.The blades (V1) seem to have a much thinner chord to V2 . (I made some spare blades for the previous machine) . Will these work with V2?

2. I have also bought some 700mm blades from AJ Blades . Again the blade width is not as wide as that on the v2 plan however they are longer . Will these work?

The laser cut components of V2 also seem a lot lighter than the previous kit from Traplet however the recommended powerplant seems to have been changed from the original E-flite power 32 to the Power 46. Any reason?(one of the only item that seems to have survived the previous model was the power 32)

Tom,

I am sorry I missed this post.

RPG V2 is an updated version, the major change was to the blades . Being wider the spin up time is far better and they create bags more lift which counteracts a high thrust line position, with this and being a little lighter than the original it does fly better. I would think the power 32 should give enough thrust, all of my RPG's are flown on 4s packs these days.

Here is the for runner to the V2 (the 700), basically the same except for the tailplane and rear UC have less surface area with no up turned tips. Uses the same blades as per the V2, as you can see it flies a treat.

Rich

Thanks for your reply Rich. Just about to cover it with "brighter" colours inc light on nose - or somewhere that won't fool me this time (I let it go out to far, too early on the last one)

I'll stick with the motor /esc combo and see how that goes . I'll start on the Atom once this is finished.

• 3 years later...

MANY THANKS TO ALL now i do also believe the major problem we had at OLD WARDEN gyro day was my blades would not spin up we found them to be more like bananas so could any one tell me what the actual size they should be overall length and width or better still can anyone supply a set of three at aprice thanks again

• 5 years later...