DX9 Owners thread

Pete B

Just back from a walk with the dogs, so my 15000 steps for the day are done. Now an advantage, or not, of a long walk is, apart from keeping an eye to see the murderous little swine do not kill things,there is not much to do, but think.

And I pondered. My DX9 is a very early one, 2013 vintage. It has been in steady and continuous use since then.

Is there a case to get these things serviced.

It works. It is undamaged, and never dropped. It's dirty, wiped with a damp cloth only, as I am wary of any chemicals getting into contact with the gubbins.

• 4 months later...

Thicko calling. I have acquired, invested in, an EFlite Spacewaker, secondhand little indoor flier.

Today I bound it to my DX9. All sorted, except, as a rudder, elevator aircraft, I am used to flying aircraft with ailerons, and using left stick (rudder) to steer it on the ground. So a take off run is a problem, as the left stick had no function. Brain is not happy with the change.

I have in the past, done a mix, so the left stick, or right stick (rudder/ aileron) has the same effect. In other words I steer it on the ground, left stick, and mentally transfer the control to right stick to fly.

i have set this up in the past. I can't remember how I did it.

Any clues.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm installing an AR8010T receiver. It's fitted with 2 long aerials, one shorter than the other, each with 31 mm of bare wire exposed at the end. I'm almost sure, when I orientate the aerials in the installation, that it's the last 31 mm that I orientate. In other words the last 31mm is the aerial.

Am I right.