DX9 Owners thread

Pete B

Ok that makes sense, basically when you select dual ail and 1 flap the flap channel will default to the GEAR channel (CH5), thats ok don't worry about it. You will need to use CH7 (AUX2) for the retracts, make sure that in the channel assign menu AUX2 is set to AUX2 then click NEXT and go into the 'channel input config' menu and change AUX2 to whichever switch you want to operate the retracts (switch A is default).

Plug your retracts into AUX2 and these should work then plug your flap into the gear channel on your RX (CH5). Then go into the main menu and select the 6th option down which is 'Flap System', this should show 'Inhibit' by default so highlight 'inhibit' and change this to whichever switch you want to operate the flaps (one of the 3 position switches is best), once you have selected the switch a table will appear which will enable you to select the flap% for each position of the switch. As an example if you use a 3 position switch POS0 could be -40%, POS1 0% and POS2 +40%, changing these % values will give you more or less movement, if the flaps move in the wrong direction you simply change the %values from minus to plus. You also have the option to set an elevator compensation mix with each flap position, some models will pitch up when you select flaps down so for each position you could set a -% value for ELEV, setting a -% value will give you down elevator movement and a +%value would give you up elevator movement. It is normal to leave the ELEV % at zero until you have flown the model and seen what effect lowering the flaps has on your model.

Chris

• 5 weeks later...

Yippee..!

I got one on Saturday... Well chuffed.. teeth 2 Shame the Speccy site was down all weekend, so I couldn't update until Monday.. But now I have and my Tx says 'Bombs Dropped' and 'GPS waypoint'... Cool....

Ive already got a massive grin, but when she say 'Flaps down', It hurts.... I love it..

Simple things eh....

Luv Chrisie.. xx

I got one today. My DX18 is totally full, and therefore unable to get my models into it. So with the DX9 enters new models.

Wasn't going to, but used the speech in a couple models - "flaps up, take-off flaps, landing flaps", etc. And updated the firmware.

Also getting rid of the Spekky Module-equipped JR PCM9Xii unit, as that is full and the flimsy aerial snapped off again, going already going to get 30 models into the DX9, with a couple more to boot.

218 model memories to go...blush

Edited By Paul Marsh on 09/05/2014 19:09:39

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Colin

Sorry I didn't reply to your private message, I have been travelling around the country with work.

On the model that you want to set a timer for, click the scroll wheel to get to the Function list.

Scroll down to 'Timer' and click the scroll wheel

On the timer screen roll the scroll wheel one click top the right so that the word 'Integrated' has a box around it and then click the scroll wheel so that the highlight box is blinking.

Move the scroll wheel to the left a couple of clicks and the word 'Integrated' should change to 'Timer 1'

Click the scroll wheel once and the blinking highlight box will stop. Then you can use the scroll wheel to move down the list to set the Mode, Time, Start etc for timer 1.

I hope this helps you.

James

Posted by WolstonFlyer on 16/10/2014 09:42:59:

Hi Colin

Sorry I didn't reply to your private message, I have been travelling around the country with work.

On the model that you want to set a timer for, click the scroll wheel to get to the Function list.

Scroll down to 'Timer' and click the scroll wheel

On the timer screen roll the scroll wheel one click top the right so that the word 'Integrated' has a box around it and then click the scroll wheel so that the highlight box is blinking.

Move the scroll wheel to the left a couple of clicks and the word 'Integrated' should change to 'Timer 1'

Click the scroll wheel once and the blinking highlight box will stop. Then you can use the scroll wheel to move down the list to set the Mode, Time, Start etc for timer 1.

I hope this helps you.

James

And to really annoy everyone else in the pilots box, you can assign a switch to get Mildred to give you a verbal message of how much time remaining every time you hit the switch devil

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a regular browser of the RCGroups DX6, DX9 and DX18 mega-thread, which has provided me with a lot of useful information (once you discard the drosswink 2).

With something over 1450 pages now, it's not easy to search the thread. A very nice chap from Canada, dangerdan, has put together a post containing scores of subject headings linked to the relevant posts, so if you have a question, it's worth having a browse of that post to see if your subject may have been addressed.

It won't solve everything but I think it's a darn good effort by him!thumbs up

Pete

Hi,stupid speaking. I am trying to program a motor glider. It has 5 flight modes. Fine so far. However the warning on the transmitter that the throttle stick is high when you power up disappeared in this memory. So I went to the warnings menu in system setup and tried to set up a warning re throttle high on power up. I was having trouble working out what boxes to highlight, and ended up highlighting all the flight modes and motor position 1. now when I power up all I get from Doris is "warning flight mode (whatever flight mode I am in)" or "warning moter position 1", and the transmitter will not power up any further so I can get at the menu to change things. None of the switches override the warnings and I can't find the DX9 version of Ctrl/alt/delete on a PC. Any ideas from anyone aged 6 years or older. anyone under six please do not reply, too humiliating.

Not sure about the genius bit, Don - I knew that answer having been there myself...embarrassed

Without having a brain as big as a planet, I'll never get my head around many functions of the DX9, so I rely on browsing the RCG mega-thread, as linked to in my post in this thread on 30/10 (bottom of previous page).

That's my first port of call, TBH. Somewhere in there, Andy Kunz, the Spektrum programmer, explains that the reason why the manual is short on detailed information is because the software updates whiche enhance the capabilities of the Tx would make it nearly impossible to provide an all-encompassing manual.

Spektrum therefore rely on the existence of such threads to provide an online, up-to-the-minute, information resource.

I've set the RCG thread to send me a daily email with the latest posts, so I can quickly check if anything of interest has been posted.

It's also worth Googling the keywords of your particular problem and seeing what gets thrown up - that often works, too...

Pete

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

Yes that's true as I've also became a rightful owner of a DX9 in Feb, and I updated everything before playing around with the menu. To be honest i had converted my JR10x to 2.4Ghz and use spektrum receivers so rather than upgrading to the new JR, since I've had no problems with the spektrum (touch wood!!) it only made sense for me to go for this DX9. I've yet to fly it and fairly new to this radio. I have also purchased the telemetry module which am going to install in my acro wot to give me battery info. Does anybody know if there is a way of monitoring the fuel level with this module,.....or is that a different thread...blush

Mac

Main advantage is that no matter which way you hold the Tx, the dual aerials will present a strong signal source to the model, whereas with the DX8, even with the aerial cranked to left/right or vertically, there's a chance you'll fly into a weak area.

The signal shape will be two interlocking doughnuts, with little 'dead' area.

Pete