Can Doo it

Stephen Jones

Hi , Wood Worms ,

I have started this Canard to use as a Test bed for some testing i would like to Experiment with .

And as this is already a flyer and a Quick build it will make it ideal for my purposes .

So i will make some minor alterations as i go along .

Although the build will look much the same .

Edited By Stephen Jones on 01/12/2013 19:49:14

Advert

Looks nice I am up to similar stage and just checked battery fitment.... the servos will foul the battery as is so either c of g will be exactly with battery butted upto them or its scrap. I have checked with the drawing and its the same on there so I am hoping above all hopes I am wrong

Hi Bill ,

I haven`t had any free time to get back on this Yet , But i had also noticed that the servo for the front wing would be in the way of the battery .

So you may of seen by the picture above that i have not cut the hole out for the servo and i have also made the fuselage 10mm wider .

As i will be fitting my servo on top of the fore plane and in the Centre linked via a brass tube soldered to the torque rod .

It will all be hidden by the cockpit their will also be some more changes but best i show pictures when i get back to it .

Cheers Steve .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

I have done a bit more work on this one today un fortunately my camera takes batteries and all the batteries in the house are flat so i can not share any pictures with you today .

But i have just noticed that Bill , you have sheeted the top front of the fuzz all the way to the back of the foreplane and i take it the wings and fin are all glued now .

So will that not make it harder to cover , or are you painting yours .

I will be covering mine in solarfilm so i will cover the wings and fins before before fitting .

And as i find the film peels back from the join over time i will be using one continuous piece wrapped around the wing so that my exposed edge is at the back . so if and when it does peel back it will not cause any problems .

I have also decided to mount the elevator servo in the cockpit area so as to keep the front of the plane free of clutter .

Don't worry the fins will be glued in place once the wings are covered. I received a nice little parcel from 4max yesterday so hopefully all things considered It should be covered and ready by this time next week. Christmas may get in the way but will show you the end result either way (good or bad)

Hi ,

Now the pictures are done i can make a start on the covering .

dscf1206.jpg

dscf1194.jpg

I made some hinge tape up from some solarTex to hinge the control surfaces .

dscf1195.jpgFitted the rear servos as per plan . but i will fit my Elevator servo in the cockpit area .

dscf1200.jpg

dscf1202.jpg

The wings and fins are not glued in place yet until after i have covered them .

Un till next time wink 2

Steve ,

Revved up the iron tonight... seem to have less solarfilm in stock than I realised either way forgot how much fun covering is. one problem came up the fins bowed upon being covered but not an issue at this stage. nearly forgot to cut hinge slots (there,s got be an easy way of doing that) I see your not using them so wont be a problem. As far as solarfilm peeling that's honestly never been a problem for me as expected life is not normally long enough to to get any peeling.. and this is only my second balsa build but I do have high hopes for this one so you never know it may become a problem

Hi Bill ,

I have covered the wings now in green film , i have the body and fins to do next ,

I have also had too chose from what ever film i had in stock ,

The chose i had was silver , which i had bought to re-cover my Mustang

Blue to re-cover a small ic model ,

And green of which i can not think for which model i had intended it for ,

Small amount of left overs in black , yellow , red ,

So Racing green it is .

Hopefully it will be ready soon .

Cheers Steve ,

Now where are my mince pies ,