A bit of a mix up

Bob Black

Hi to you all

I am installing radio gear in a new model (Citabria Pro) and having problems, can anyone please help, never had this before with all my other models!

I will try to explain as best I can Futaba 6EX tx

Connect motor to channel 3 via esc ...OK

Connect Ailerons to channel 1 ......OK

Connect Rudder to channel 4...... OK

Connect Elevator to channel 2 Nothing from the stick control to the elevator BUT rudder control now works rudder and elevator together!

Tried another Rx, still the same.

Tried two different servos, still the same,

Any Ideas from you experts much appreciated

Thanks and regards Bob

Advert

Thanks guys that was quick

Have never used any mixes on any model but I suppose I may have caught something without realising, will try to fathom that out.

The 6EX only has 6 model memories so had to reset Webbit but there was no mixes on Webbit

It is nose bag time now so will have a look this afternoon and see if I can spot anything on the Tx

Thanks again

Regards

Bob

Hi Bob

I have the same transmitter and it does sound like a "V" tail mix to me. To clear this press both of the white buttons together at the same time, this enters programming mode. Then press the Mode button until you come to the V-TL screen, if it says "ON" push the right hand switch up for about a second until it says "INH". Exit programming by pressing both white buttons again at the same time for about a second. Now try all of your controls again.

Good luck

RED

6EX's come in several distinct flavours and in two modes. The Mode is not keypad changable. Would help to know which model, 2.4/35/pot or switch Ch 6...........

Presuming it is a Mode 2 unit, I suggest the first thing really to do is to do a FULL reset to that memory, have you actually done this and proved by checking the figues are all reset that it has?

Mode/Select to get the MODL menu, then Select to get Reset, etc, etc.

Then check set for Aircraft not Heli, remember to reverse Ch 3 for the ESC, try again and report