Flair Fokker DVII

First job is to finish the serrated wing leading edge sheeting... just top of too wing to do.... must remember to glue in the strut attachments first!.... then back to finesse the dummy sprung tail skid assembly. It’s not going to be steerable but don’t think that will matter for amount of ground roll with skid on the ground.

I decided to use 0.8 mm ply as the centre of the sandwich for the wing strut attachment points! Only problem was that I had already started attaching the serrated leading edge sheeting to one side. So inserting the 0.8 mm ply spacer was akin to keyhole surgery!!! At least I had the rib outlines still so was able to replicate exact size and eventually patience won!ac4daa60-30da-4eba-b12c-89e7e8016d65.jpeg

Edited By Harrier Mate on 06/12/2019 00:04:41

• 8 months later...

Hi from Australia...I've just purchased one of these kits....however, the cheap price reflected the fact that the front abs cowl and sidecovers are missing. Not much chance of finding one down under, but I'm hoping someone on this forum might have a spare or old one or could provide some sort of pattern for me. Of course I'll pay for the part and shipping...I'm thinking these could be 3d printed these days! I don't think Flair are still operating are they, and I guess I won't find the parts in any case due to the age...any help greatly appreciated during this horrible lockdown period.

Cheers

Chris

c11013ca-fe1a-4bd9-beff-54e98c39ec7b.jpegHello good to see a fellow colonial

i built one a couple of years back. The covers supplied with the kit are very flimsy and I think would be a simple matter to make from ply and add vents from styrene or litho (aluminium cans are useful). I’d be happy to take measurements of mine if you wish.  The photo is mine before I crashed and had to rebuild the front end requiring reshaping the lower part of the nose  

Ted

Edited By Ted Khinsoe on 22/08/2020 14:38:14

Hi Ted,,

Thanks so much for your reply! Are you located in Australia mate? Love your plane..very neat. Yeah it would be great to get some pattern of the parts...and also some advice whilst building it. I want to convert it to electric but will need to see if there is enough room for the battety and how easy to access the space. My kit arrives tomorrow!

I'm in Victoria...West Gippsland area...mine we could connect via messenger or [email protected]

Cheers

Chris

Hi guys. So pleased my thread is still running. My Model is still not quite complete. Pressures of work, moving home and multiple other projects (all the usual excuses) have got in the way. Just fished the scale saw tooth leading edge sheeting.
min some ways ... if you don’t have the plastic engine cheek mouldings you are free to make whichever ‘Louvre pattern’ you wish. Looking at my ‘wing nut wings’ plastic model instructions, the louvred vary greatly depending on which engine was used.

Posted by Harrier Mate on 23/08/2020 10:51:48:

Hi guys. So pleased my thread is still running. My Model is still not quite complete. Pressures of work, moving home and multiple other projects (all the usual excuses) have got in the way. Just fished the scale saw tooth leading edge sheeting.
min some ways ... if you don’t have the plastic engine cheek mouldings you are free to make whichever ‘Louvre pattern’ you wish. Looking at my ‘wing nut wings’ plastic model instructions, the louvred vary greatly depending on which engine was used.

G'day...Yes...I've read your posts and looked at your photos which I'll use as a guide as I go along...I'll also post some photos when I get started....My what can happen in a year....this is a Covid lockdown project for me here in Victoria, Australia

Cheers Chris

Latest update is that I've located some new parts...the front cowl and side covers from Sarik hobbies in the UK. They are on the way to Australia! Also, I've started the build....Only the rudder...but it's started. I figured I better get my hand back into balsa building by tackling the easiest bits first. Fin and tailplane next....

Cheers Chris

P.S. I've tried sending some pm's to Harrier mate and jeff2wings but I'm not sure they are receiving them....or they don't want to associate with colonial convicts lol...

scan_20200830 (2).jpgscan_20200830 (3).jpgHi Chris, I have 3 little sheets of amendments so have scanned all 3 just in case anyone else has problems.   Oops, they have come out a bit big.   If anyone needs them the proper size I can email them if they pm me their email address.

Cheers

Bobscan_20200830 (4).jpg

Edited By Bob Bertram on 30/08/2020 14:12:28