Martian

you will one day Tony.

had to leave before I'd finished

single wheel in place will pad out the front with balsa

dsc_0216.jpg

what a lousy pic must have been the beer .. anyway all complete

dsc_0217.jpg

dsc_0218.jpg

just need 2 servos for the wing and covering have planned colour scheme so next entry will see it all completed

now I'll work on the Barnstormer until I have the bits for this

Advert

Thanks guys appreciate your comments, it's been over 40yrs since I scratch built a plane and the proof of the build will be the maiden which hopefully I can persuade Mr Hooper to carry out

Robin I hope you enjoy your build give me the heads up when you start ,as for servos they will probably be micro Turnigy they have to be less than 12mm and allowance has to be made for the bonding method the ae's are narrow so powerful servos are not needed

• 4 weeks later...

Hello it's been a while since I posted any progress it has been going on albeit slowly had to get some bits and the covering ,covering the model has been painfully slow my hands are not as nimble as they were however it is done now not as neat as I would have liked am now in the process of applying trim and will post pics of finished model by the weekend then its a question of waiting for decent weather

Martin

It's still not entirely finished I have to make a couple of Ae links ,due to the shallow depth of the wing the servo position is offset by about 20mm even then the smallest servo I got is 9mm and it still deforms the top skin still I'll live with that ,when I build the RF3 it will have deeper wings,

So I decided the engine area should have dummy exhausts and heat shield ,below are 2 off the exhaust pipes made from 5mm chromed brass tube from a telescopic aerial and 5mm stainless steel tube from a cappuccino spoon (throw nothing away that's my motto) both pipes were heated with a small chefs blowtorch until they glowed red and when cooled it resulted in a satisfying blue hue to the ends, the heat shield is cut from a foil food container both parts were CA'ed into position.

dscf0144.jpg

dscf0143.jpg

All to often the RF4 is white with red trim I found a UK reg on e which is white with blue trim it's by no means perfect but I'll accept the reasonable result.

dscf0145.jpg

Cockpit area

dscf0146.jpg

up to the bedroom with it fully assembled

dscf0149.jpg

dscf0150.jpg

dscf0151.jpg

dscf0152.jpg

and the underneath

dscf0154.jpg

Build complete except for a bit of fiddling for the maiden now it's on to the Barnstormer

bye for now and thanks for viewing