Barnstormer 72 build by Andy Green

Andy Green

Ran the engine last night - all it really did was remind me why its sat in a box for the last 30 years. Really noisey, and that with a proper exhaust silencer and an unreliable tickover, though that might be my fault as the tank is a tad low.

Most of the noise seemed to me mechanical. Checked tappits as best as I could but still the same.

I do have a Laser 80 (for my Chipmunk) sitting idle. Think I'll try and shoehorn that it.

Andy

Advert

Thanks Colin.

Successful maiden last Sunday. Had to mix throttle to down elevator but that might have also had something to do with the wind.

Ailerons not over effective, but its not an aerobat after all.

Used the Laser 80 in the end and a nice combo.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry I didn't manage to come and say hello Andy, I saw you with this beautiful Barnstormer and admired it from a distance. It was frustrating for me not to get the Depron version ready in time, I almost did but not quite. I'm away now for a couple of weeks so it has to wait until I get back home. Fingers crossed it proves to have been worth the trouble, last minute ideas carry a bigger than average rIsk of running out of time I suppose though.