Arado 234 B

Jean Tardif

Advert

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 18/01/2014 11:00:45:

Great work Jean. What paint do you use? That "sheen" you get is very realistic. Lots of people think military aircraft are flat matt - but usually they're not. They often have that sort of dull shine or sheen on them like you model.

BEB

Thank BEB, I use Krylon spray paint , work pretty close fast dry ., and color match easy ., for under I also use flat spray can light blue color made from automotive mix color match store made direct from them also fast dry.  Cheersimgp9933.jpg

Edited By Jean Tardif on 18/01/2014 18:12:25

• 3 weeks later...
Posted by james smith 13 on 07/02/2014 20:37:59:

A great looking aircraft.

I have a question,the plans called for 7.5 degrees of incidence in the wing.What incidence

did you use,and what incidence if any in the engine nacells

thank you

james smith

Hi james , I did not use that mutch of plan incidence ,I use a bit less like 5 degreesby 2 degrees, same for the nacelle ,. I did not measure yet , I will check later with incidence meter an I let you know., outside today foe a fews shots . Cheers

redimensionnement de front 1.jpgPosted by Jean Tardif on 13/02/2014 00:56:48:

I have a question,the plans called for 7.5 degrees of incidence in the wing.What incidence

thank you

james smith

Hi james , I did not use that mutch of plan incidence ,I use more like  like 5 degrees, same for the nacelle ,. I did not measure yet , I will check later with incidence meter an I let you know., outside today for a fews shots . Cheers

Edited By Jean Tardif on 13/02/2014 00:59:40

Edited By Jean Tardif on 13/02/2014 01:00:23

Posted by Jean Tardif on 13/02/2014 00:56:48:

thank you

james smith

Hi james , I did not use that mutch of plan incidence ,I use a bit less like 5 degrees same for the engine nacells ,. I did not measure yet , I will check later with incidence meter an I let you know., outside today foe a fews shots . Cheers

There the incidence meter , 6 degrees positive .redimensionnement de dscn6335.jpg

Congratulations for your impressive model. I constructed one of these on 2006, I used two 68 mm Minifan from Wemotec, and 10 elements Nimh on each,

The plans where made by my own and they were not so acurate like yours, flying weight was nearly 4,5 kg and wing span 1850 mm.

With the years I changed to Li-pos and I mounted a plastic retracts, Here is a video of one of the firsts flights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AsWEktZfC8

I hope you enjoy. Please push push push! on your model. very nice job.

redimensionnement de lutfaffe 9.jpgPosted by Vicente Bonet on 14/02/2014 08:09:11:

Congratulations for your impressive model. I constructed one of these on 2006, I used two 68 mm Minifan from Wemotec, and 10 elements Nimh on each,

The plans where made by my own and they were not so acurate like yours, flying weight was nearly 4,5 kg and wing span 1850 mm.

With the years I changed to Li-pos and I mounted a plastic retracts, Here is a video of one of the firsts flights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AsWEktZfC8

I hope you enjoy. Please push push push! on your model. very nice job.

Thank you Vincent  your Arado look verry nice also ,good flight demonstration there,  plenty of power, I realy like your accuracy spot landing on is short field for a jet plane,  Bravo.

Edited By Jean Tardif on 14/02/2014 20:18:09

Edited By Jean Tardif on 14/02/2014 20:20:36

Hello , The weigth and balance done , empty weight 10.3 kg, twin 10 LiPo packs  batteries 2.9 kg, for total ready to go 13.2 kg. the CG line just perfect ,.almost the same place with the batteries or with-out the batteries,. just a little back mouvement only by .5 inch., that verry good news. Cheersredimensionnement de dscn6343.jpg

Edited By Jean Tardif on 15/02/2014 05:57:41

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...