Radian Pro Maiden

Mark a

Well finally got round to giving my Radian Pro its maiden today all went well with two flights and no mishaps. The Pro fly's well and in no time I was doing a few loops and rolls etc. This is my first glider and I must say I'm hooked its so different to fly compared to I/c looking for thermals ( only found one today which took the Pro up to approx 700ft). With the Pro having flaps landing at walking pace seems to be the norm and overall I'm impressed with Parkzone's quality and workman ship.

Mark.

• 3 months later...
Advert

It seems every body who has flown booth says exactly the same, in that the Radian is a far better model.

I have had a little experience with the Radian, helping a new starter, as his adviser and to get the model out of trouble.

A similar claim is made for the Radian, that you cannot get it out of a vertical dive. From my own experiences, having been handed the transmitter when diving vertically, I cannot agree. Although it is apparent that the fuz does flex, if you pull out carefully, avoiding a large sudden input, they pull out nicely.

Although I have seen a Radian Pro go in, when a steel bar was used for ballasting in the wing tube, in windy weather. It was flown by an experienced comp. flyer. On that basis i can believe that the Radian Pro is a very different and poorer model.

Which makes you wonder why stop production of the Radian, which has quite a following in my club.

Glad you had a good maiden. I love my Radian Pro, I fly it in stupid winds and chuck it around with the wings nearly touching as you pull out of dives. I also float around for long, long flights on summer evenings - just over an hour out of one charge one time. No I am not a glider expert, but I have had it since it first came out - and it is still on all the original electrics, and apart from the odd bit of duck tape, and usual dings is great to fly. I would call that very good value for money for the fun and dependability value of it! Yes it bends and flex's, but hey ho, it keeps going and keeps a smile on my face.

Cheers, Simon

Edited By mightypeesh on 28/04/2014 20:33:31