What's happened to Horizon? Stock issues, etc...

Paul Marsh

I read in 'another' magazine that Horizon has merged with another company. Ok, fair enough, but seems loads of Horizon/E-flite stuff is out of stock, or non-existant. For example, most model shops are reading zero stock for most items.

I bought the Mossie, today, but Webbies have no 10-15 size retracts, and all the other model shops.

Has the take-over changed things. Also I've been trying to contact Horizon for weeks on my fauty DX18 QQ, so far no answer at all. At this rate, I might start thinking there's something amiss. Also thinking of buying the DX9, but after no replys not going to.

Advert

Yep, just give them a ring Paul, they'll answer.

I think Horizon will be the first to admit that, in some ways, they're the victim of their own success. Stock issues are ever-present and don't seem to be going away, especially given the high rate of new releases. The folks in the UK office will be as frustrated as you are.

I'm hoping that the merger/takeover will improve things, my experience has been wildly erratic to say the least.

I've had great service from their service dept, but abysmal service re delivery/stock issues, waited a couple of months for some missing items and options for my Super Cub, have had the airspeed pitot kit on order for over 6 months, but got some other spares for the Cub in days !

They've got some of the best gear on the market......Spektrum, Hangar 9, E-flite, etc. but you just can't seem to communicate with them, I too have tried emailing The States but have been completely ignored.

Need a really good shake-up I think

My experience on customer service has been very good, however I wonder if the UK arm of the operation is a little low down in the pecking order for access to new and popular stock, I've been waiting for a particular product since mid December and. a large volume of these products have been supplied to some other of their maybe more important markets, or it maybe the UK operation didn't perhaps order enough. Who knows what the real reasons are as I understand there have been some staff changes down at Harlow.

The German market is very much bigger than the UK, add to this the fact that German modellers tend to spend more per head than their UK counterparts and you begin to see why American companies tend to see "the European market" as meaning "the German market". I suspect this is a factor in why UK branches sometimes find it difficult to secure "hot" products over German demand for the same scarce item.

BEB