ESC problems

Richie P

I have just setup a 1700 blitzwork corsair it runs on a 6cell battery when I first connected the esc it only gave me 1 beep and that was it all controls work fine and the failsafe also works I have rebound it to three different channels and the esc still only beeps once anyone any ideas cheers richie

Advert

I think you are in the right place here, Richie - I've deleted your other thread as multiple posts tend to confuse...smile

Could do with a little more info. Do you mean that the motor doesn't respond at all after connection apart from the one bleep? If that's the case, how do you know the failsafe works?

It might just be a case of 'teaching' the ESC the throttle settings. Remove the prop first for safety reasons!

In the following order:

Switch on the Tx.

Move the throttle to fully open.

Connect the flight pack battery.

The motor should beep.

Move the throttle back down to fully off.

There should be one or more confirmatory beeps from the motor if it has set properly.

If that doesn't work, tell us what is happening.

I've had a Google and come up with a couple of links for FMS ESC's - even though the Word doc only mentions 50A max, it is likely to be the same procedure.

Links to Dynam-RC ESC's - which seem to be the same as FMS - are available in this RCG thread. Those instructions seem to be identiocal to those provided for the Hobbywing Pentium/Flyfun or Turnigy Plush range of ESC's.

What do you mean by rebinding it to three different channels? It should only be used on the throttle channel as you are unlikely to have failsafe on any channel other than throttle on a number of radio systems.

Pete

ok sorry for confusion, after the single beep everything works as normal including motor i have followed normal procedure with throttle and get the two beeps then shut down throtle stick and all works normal. this is not fms its by lanxiang sold by banana hobby in the usa

They don't all give a sequence of beeps corresponding to the number of cells. Unfortunately, unless you know for certain exactly which make and model of ESC is fitted, it's difficult to give a definitive answer.

Have a look from about the 56 minute mark of this video. He's setting the throttle travel and then re-connecting the pack which gives a series of tones. I'm assuming this is the model you have although, of course, we can't be certain which ESC is being used:

Pete