Bob's PushyCat build

Bob Cotsford

Bob, I think I have the same tabs, if I am correct they are on the plan. Or are we talking about something else.

Again I must commend you, as forming my PC body took an age also a bit of a challenge, getting the sloping flange right, whereas you, well, what can be said, fast and well formed.

Advert

Erf, the plan shows one wwiiidddeee tab each side, i thought this was taking too much out of the fin leaving a potential weak spot. With my record for hangar damage I decided to give the fin a fighting chance by reducing the effective width of the tab leaving an extra 'pillar' up the centre of the fin. The sloping flange will be done by separating the removable canopy section with the scroll saw, as long as it fits the mouth of the saw! Otherwise it's junior hacksaw time.

I have looked more carefully at the photograph by double clicking onto it.

I guess, that rather than using a single soft block each, for the front and rear of the canopy. You made side plates, which allowed to cut the joint, marquetry style, although the sheet for top would still be an issue.

So how have you made a joint which I found a struggle?

this may explain the canopy/fuselage top structure more clearly - I've run a bead of PVA round the inside, nothing to do with not trusting CA, honest. I built the fuselage top from noseblock back to F3 in one piece and then cut off the canopy section.

canopy structure.jpg

I've separated the top from F3 back to F4 while I fit the innards.

fus top.jpgSpot the error? I bent the aileron torque rods a little short which meant the ailerons extend a shade further inboard than they should. This doesn't leave much TE between the booms and the ailerons.

Talking of which, the booms are HARD 3/16", I really don't think any reinforcement will be needed. At least I hope not.

call it 5 days as I started building on the 20th and just finished the tweaks - I took a day off as I had a bit of a brake failure on the way to work this morning. Nothing bad but a change of underwear required. After spending a couple of hours on the phone arranging repairs I worked out where the battery needed to go and marked the position with masking tape.

locating the battery.jpg

Two liteply formers and some sliced 1/4"sq for fillets, a liteply battery plate and a couple of velcro straps later it's wattmeter time-

320 watts.jpg

This is the setup I took out of my battered Funjet so I know the motor and esc are happy at that.