Savage bobber

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

Posted by Giuseppe Saroli on 26/03/2014 08:36:31:

WOW Peter Miller a privilege to talk to you I heard a lot about you and admire you design skills I just look at you album very impressive and I recognise some of you design but the suspension/dumpers have never seen before and is very interesting indeed the might be just right for my new bobber front and tail wheels,

On My customs bikes Big engine fat wheels open frame chrome and suspension is what make them unique and in my opinion beautiful so why not do it on planes

Regards Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe.

Sorry, I didn't book mark this thread when I posted my comment and just found it again.

You really are a superb builder. Beautiful model. Can we hope to see a video of it flying ?

You commented on the those buggy suspension units. They work OK on lighter models but they do have a habit of coming to pieces sometimes if not really well tightened with locktite to hold them

Peter

Thank Peter I will post the video in due time i just need to play around with settings to match my electric version one witch fly's nice until then i need to take a break so i am going to start a 1946 Frog 45 MK2 for electric

I am also looking in to do a proper scale working U.C to serve justice to the model

Thanks Again

• 1 month later...

Here the Video of the first flight my first upload so video not very good as it was filmed in HD I might try later for a better one! I just need to fine tune this old engine and build a sprung undercarriage as is a bit to stiff and I must put 2 pilot in it to justify this model apart from that it flew beautifully with nothing to report, and thanks for all you comment What's next?

**LINK**

• 5 months later...

After my big Bobber I decided to go for a 62" version of it, build as the big brother all carbon but more manageable

power is from a O.S. 26 FS with flaps and some minor mod so far so good I am anticipating a total AUW of 1.4kg

No long for is maiden flight more pictures to came.

I called it the Savage Trainer.

pc140063.jpg

pc170067.jpg

pc180071.jpg

pc180074.jpg

pc220095.jpg

pc220096.jpg

pc220097.jpg

pc230116.jpg

pc230120.jpg

pc230125.jpg

p1010244.jpg

p1010250.jpg

p1030257.jpg

p1100260.jpg

p1100283.jpg

p1180295.jpg

p1180297.jpg

More to follow

• 2 months later...

My Savage Trainer is finished was flown this week and is as good as the big brother smiley The OS 26Fs is just wright for it and it feel like a trainer the flaps are superb for landing now AUW is 1.4kg I just need to put some stickers on, Pilot and some nice wheels.The next one is the park flyer version version aiming for AUW of 200g

savage trainer 3.jpg

savage trainer 1.jpg

savage trainer 2.jpg

savage trainer 6.jpg

• 9 months later...

After the success off my Bobbers I decided to go slight bigger and better so in November last year I acquired a ASP 160 twin from H.K. uk warehouse at a price I could not refuse and earing good feed back on this os copy I went for it at £320.00 all in and decided to build a 108" almost quarter scale of my favourite plane with some slight changes to the building of it.

The first was the building of the wing tips and came up with this so easy and quick to do out of 4mm aluminium tube bend over a jig and build the rest around did 2 tips in 1 hour.

Then I chose to use robart pin hinges for flaps and aileron at 45 degree so Smooth this way definably no servo buzzing

Then I sue robart 1/5 scale main landing gear witch will take a 6" inflatable tyres same as my last bobber.

Then all the servo will be under the seat including a multiplex gyro and on board glow and a new switch charger for rx and glow battery. So there is nothing to see here.

But most importantly I am now using JB Weld on all my carbon joining much much stronger than epoxy in my test.

The rest of the photos are in my album and this week I am going to set the radio and add more pictures nearly there now and I was hopping to take it to greenacres in July.

bobber 160 (9).jpg bobber 160 (7).jpg

bobber 160 (1).jpg bobber 160 (10).jpg bobber 160 (13).jpg bobber 160 (14).jpg bobber 160 (18).jpg

bobber 160 (19).jpg

Hi Giuseppe,

That's looking terrific . love the charge panel, where did you get it ?

I've got the same engine in a 1/3 scale Turbulent which I'm very happy with. Worth checking one thing though. I had a very small leak where the carb sits in the crankcase so had to seal it.

Regards

John

Hi John nice to here from you again thanks for the tip on the engine I will keep a eye on the carb, if you using yours on a 1/3 scale turbulent then on mine with a anticipated weight of 5kg should fly on half throttle!

The switch is AGM Heavy duty dual switch from eBay there are many type of it including one with a filler cap all anodised aluminium and very good quality in my opinion specially for £15 posted

All the best Giuseppe

• 3 months later...

The Zlin aviation as added another bobber to there collection of aircraft and is called the Savage Agilis and in my view is just beautiful and wrapping you legs around a 100bhp rotax engine is just awesome to me it resembles the Air Bike a ultralight aircraft from America with a savage bobber look it should be straight forward to build and is going to be my next project using the same wings and tails and engine of my savage trainer

bobber (4).jpg

bobber (11).jpg

bobber (14).jpg

bobber (2).jpgbobber (5).jpg

bobber (13).jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi everyone

On my agile project I need some low profile servos and I was wondering if I can use low profile retract servo for elevator and rudder just like normal servos the like of

Hitec hs 77bb speed 4.8/6v 0.18/0.14 sec @60 degree or

Hitec hs 75bb speed 4.8/6v 0.45/0.34sec @180 degree

Can i use them ok and Which is better 60 degree or 180

Thanks

• 1 month later...