New E-Flite Carbon Z Cub Assembly Log & Chat

Advert

• 1 month later...

I saw Dave at our club flying one of these last week and had to have one. It arrived from Kings Lynn Models this morning around 09:00. I just happened to be on a day off today awaiting delivery on a tumble dryer so with time to kill I had it all together by 12:00 then spent a frustrating hour getting the throttle to respond (my Cub is p'n'p) then off to the field. With a 90 degree crosswind take-offs across the strip took roughly 6"laugh but I do have two issues. One is the noise at full throttle, it sounds as though something is resonating badly. Dave's is the same. I tried damping the struts with rubber bands, with zero effect. Dave tried different wheels, nope, not those either. The prop seems to be balanced, at least statically. A Google search indicates that the supplied prop can just be 'bad' so I've ordered an APC 15*6E to try.

The second point is that the flight times are too short. With a 3700 pack I'm getting 5 minutes on the throttle, but they are a fun 5 minutes! I'm just glad I didn't go with the recommended 3300 pack size. The flaps are very effective, a 15% down elevator mix works well to keep it on an even keel but flaps were definitely not needed today.

So, anyone else had this weird loud vibration at full throttle? Did you find a cure?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...